Are Tickets really that expensive?

We've sold out every game since October, 1962.

Yes, they are that expensive. I'm sorry you're having trouble finding cheaper tickets. You mentioned in another thread you wanted tickets behind the Cincy bench in West Stadium. You'll pay upwards of $300 for those tickets, I'm pretty certain.

• Plus1 1

35 minutes ago, Bob Lazarus said:

I wouldn't buy any tickets at the moment with the rona uncertainty. Generally you can get the tickets cheaper closer to kickoff 

This.  I'm not sure of the ticketing sites refund policy, but it would be idiotic to buy tickets right now.  I mean there is a good chance of a) the game not happening or 2) the game happening with no fans in attendance.

• Plus1 1

11 hours ago, RallyPossums said:

I reached out on reddit as well and a Nebraska student DMd me saying he could get me a ticket in the Nebraska student section and I'd just have to bring a 12 pack of Busch to the tailgate, is that a good deal?  Keep in mind, I'll be wearing Cincy red and would prefer not dying ...

You'll be treated well in the stadium, even in the student section.

Just be aware that if you have a seat there, you won't really be in that seat, and you'll be standing the entire game.

10 hours ago, knapplc said:

You'll be treated well in the stadium, even in the student section.

Just be aware that if you have a seat there, you won't really be in that seat, and you'll be standing the entire game.

That sounds perfect I much prefer standing the whole game than sitting tbh, I go to a lot of FC Cincinnati(MLS) games, all the Bearcats Basketball, Soccer, and Football games in the student section and the Cyclones Hockey games and it's standing the whole time :)

If I were in your shoes I would wait until after the Nebraska vs Purdue game.  If Nebraska loses, you will be able to get cheaper seats.  If they win, you will still be in the $200+ seat if you have to have sideline tickets.  If you are willing to sit in an end zone, you can find tickets much cheaper.

I would wait till the last minute.  We have a lot of older fans that attend games, and with the virus, they maybe more willing to set at home this fall, if we have games.  

You can always find tickets outside, and normally at face value or below I have been told.  Been a long time since I did that, so can't really say it is reality anymore.

Again, they may be harder to get if they put social distancing into the mix.  Who knows!

If you make the game, hope you enjoy it, you will get razzed a little, but all is in good fun.  The fans will welcome you with open arms, all of us are sure of that.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, teachercd said:

The answer is no, they are not that expensive.  The most I ever paid for a ticket was AT minnesota and I think that was 60?

You will get cheap tickets if you just wait and don't be worried...you will get them.

$60?  For good seats behind his teams bench he has zero chance of getting those for that low.  When the huskers are in the midst of a bad season like the last two years, those seats were still over $100.  You can get end zone seats to just about any game for under $100 though.  $60 doesn't even cover the face value and the booster fee...   

• Fire 1
56 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

$60?  For good seats behind his teams bench he has zero chance of getting those for that low.  When the huskers are in the midst of a bad season like the last two years, those seats were still over $100.  You can get end zone seats to just about any game for under $100 though.  $60 doesn't even cover the face value and the booster fee...   

I am just sharing my experiences.  I have never even paid for a home game ticket.  Someone is always giving them away and if I am getting them for free, so are other people, which means people are willing to sell cheap.

• Haha 1