DE Jailen Weaver

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

18 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Weaver commit?

• Nebraska
    • Texas A&M
    • Washington State
    • Indiana
    • Tennessee

This poll is closed to new votes

• 1 month later...

• Mavric changed the title to DE Jailen Weaver
  • 7 months later...

On 10/31/2020 at 9:00 PM, Decked said:

Prepare to be happy 

On 10/31/2020 at 9:02 PM, BigRedN said:

I expect to.  Just can't lose Payton.

On 10/31/2020 at 8:59 PM, BigRedN said:

I see this guy as a freak athlete.  Depending on his development he could shift inside as well.  I like him on the edge.  Nice get.  If we get Savea (that 4* DE) also, I will be tickled.

Not only did we wind up not getting Savea, we didn’t hold onto Payton either. Sheesh. 

On 8/3/2021 at 12:37 PM, seaofred92 said:

Per Sam he’s up to 320. Will get looks at both nose tackle and defensive end

Errr, per Sam, he came in at 400lbs and is down to 380. Damion Daniels says in testing that he was 289 lbs of pure muscle, which would put him at <24% body fat. 

• Plus1 1
  • 8 months later...
11 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

I'm more than disappointed at this stage of development.  What's your take Decked?

Not good. He was about as out as shape, unathletic, & at times not showing much effort. Think if we had appropriate DL depth he would be processed 

1 minute ago, Decked said:

Not good. He was about as out as shape, unathletic, & at times not showing much effort. Think if we had appropriate DL depth he would be processed 

I recall wanting/needing Savea and Payton ... missed on both.  This is a perfect of example of "getting less" and then "under develop" and "under perform".  It's sort of a "trait" in our recruiting and development in the DL and OL [although we have garnered a few OL with some * power].  It's just so puzzling and frustrating.

12 hours ago, BigRedN said:

I recall wanting/needing Savea and Payton ... missed on both.  This is a perfect of example of "getting less" and then "under develop" and "under perform".  It's sort of a "trait" in our recruiting and development in the DL and OL [although we have garnered a few OL with some * power].  It's just so puzzling and frustrating.

At times it seems this staff has focused too much on getting guys with tremendous size or length and not enough on just getting hood football players. Very few have worked out.