OLB Patrick Payton [Florida State Commit]

HuskerBoard Predictor  

13 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Payton commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

From CanesInsight message board(free):

“Nebraska is gonna have an entire roster of Miami kids at this rate.“

“If we pass on him I think it won’t be a good move. I really like his length and skill set.“

“17.5 sacks & 5 sacks vs Columbus with bad technique? He might be a monster once coached up.”

“Dade County Cornhuskers“

“He 6’5”, got length, would’ve like to have had him, one of the best in the $EC wanted him too.“

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1

NU has to sort of take "chances" on kids like this at this position because the "true freaks" that have the height and weight in HS are few and far between.  So you are sort of guessing.

So you look at the measurables and this kid has the height and wingspan.  Weight can be added (most of the time).

• Plus1 3
1 hour ago, teachercd said:

NU has to sort of take "chances" on kids like this at this position because the "true freaks" that have the height and weight in HS are few and far between.  So you are sort of guessing.

So you look at the measurables and this kid has the height and wingspan.  Weight can be added (most of the time).

With the amount of food, elite lifting and *gasp* drugs college football players are on you’d have to not do squat to bulk up. These dudes aren’t built like normal people. 

20 hours ago, teachercd said:

I think I know what you are getting at, but since when is a 5.7 3-star taking a chance? Nate Gerry, Maliek Collins, DJ Foster, Carlos Davis, JD Spielman, Matt Farniok, Brenden Jaimes, Deontai Williams and Maurice Washington were all 5.7 3-stars. I'd take a few more of those guys in a heart beat.

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, lionsfan93 said:

I think I know what you are getting at, but since when is a 5.7 3-star taking a chance? Nate Gerry, Maliek Collins, DJ Foster, Carlos Davis, JD Spielman, Matt Farniok, Brenden Jaimes, Deontai Williams and Maurice Washington were all 5.7 3-stars. I'd take a few more of those guys in a heart beat.

Well that is why I put it in quotes. 

I agree with you.

• Plus1 1
On 5/2/2020 at 10:30 AM, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I'll take you up on that bet. 

Please do. We have been closer to 12th than 29th in both of Frosts full recruiting cycles. I highly doubt that changes this year. You are saying stars matter as if Frost hasn't done a better job of getting higher rated talent here than anyone since TO. 

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
  • 3 weeks later...

• Mavric changed the title to OLB Patrick Payton [Florida State Commit]
  • Mavric unpinned this topic