OLB Christian Burkhalter [UCLA Commit]

HuskerBoard Predictor  

32 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Burkhalter commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

Yes.  These seems logical this year.  Better grab a chair and sit before the music stops.  

With all the stuff happening (or not happening perhaps), there could be a bunch of recruits end up with nowhere to go.  some schools may not give scholarships out if sports are cancelled altogether.   Some schools may drop sports, period.  

Many lose money on athletics in the best of times.  And if on campus school is cancelled, all bets are off on everything. 

• 2 weeks later...

8 minutes ago, The Murphinator said:

A couple high confidence picks to Oregon from Wiltfong and Schaefer 

Good luck in the PAC12. Especially if the rest of the country plays football- or tries to play football for awhile and the PAC12 shuts it down because the players are trying to make demands.

• Plus1 1
18 minutes ago, The Murphinator said:

Biggest thing that sucks about a bad combination of a program in disarray and losing a bunch of close games is the record looks bad and makes it really tough to recruit against the (current) big boys.  Really needed 7-8 wins last year to move the needle.  And we weren't that far off but it's not horseshoes...

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, Mavric said:

Biggest thing that sucks about a bad combination of a program in disarray and losing a bunch of close games is the record looks bad and makes it really tough to recruit against the (current) big boys.  Really needed 7-8 wins last year to move the needle.  And we weren't that far off but it's not horseshoes...

Yup. That is why this class looks pretty damn average on paper. I don't see any current commits that could come in and play day 1. This is a very developmental class and in turn very frustrating from an outside perspective. 

• Plus1 2
3 hours ago, The Murphinator said:

Dang, a class of Burkhalter, Payton and Schweitzer would have been terrific for OLB recruiting. We still have other guys on the board who are solid.

I think it could mean we are sitting well with T. Lewis, his twitter indicates that at least. 

Actually it means he is N.   

/s

2 hours ago, Ziebol said:

Yup. That is why this class looks pretty damn average on paper. I don't see any current commits that could come in and play day 1. This is a very developmental class and in turn very frustrating from an outside perspective. 

Except... Developmental is a good thing. Seems to me, I'm probably wrong here, we've been lacking in developing recently. Sometimes, in fact most times a player coming in though maybe physically ready simply isn't mentally ready and in so can be costly. I'm curious more about long term results then immediate play.

1 minute ago, Loebarth said:

Except... Developmental is a good thing. Seems to me, I'm probably wrong here, we've been lacking in developing recently. Sometimes, in fact most times a player coming in though maybe physically ready simply isn't mentally ready and in so can be costly. I'm curious more about long term results then immediate play.

The longer it takes to get this thing off the ground the less Frost can sell the UCF national title card. 

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, Ziebol said:

Buford, Ervin, Hardy, and possibly Kpai all could play some. Kpai is really really good. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

29 minutes ago, Vince R. said:

Buford, Ervin, Hardy, and possibly Kpai all could play some. Kpai is really really good. 

Kpai has played how many games at LB? That plus his weight mean he is going to take some time to develop. I’m not saying he doesn’t have talent, but he isn’t going to come in and steal anyone’s spot off the bat.

3 minutes ago, Ziebol said:

Kpai has played how many games at LB? That plus his weight mean he is going to take some time to develop. I’m not saying he doesn’t have talent, but he isn’t going to come in and steal anyone’s spot off the bat.

Kpai is also 180-190 range lol

17 minutes ago, Ziebol said:

I am not calling him a starter. I am saying though that his talent might get him on the field somehow. Even if thats special teams. But I also mentioned three other guys who would be hard to keep off the field.

But I do see what you're saying. Nebraska could certainly use more top shelf talent in this class right now. 

• Mavric changed the title to OLB Christian Burkhalter [UCLA Commit]