Which coaches should be up in the box?

Sounds like Dawson may be one of the coaches in the box according to what they have done in the past as Chinander prefers being on the sideline.    Offensively, I think I would like to see Lubick in the box.    Frost can talk to the Offense on the field.   I would like to see Mario on the sideline so he can see the QB's eye to eye.    

• Plus1 1

Whichever ones that need to be to allow us to win games again.

I like the idea of coordinators in the box, routing things to position coaches on the sidelines. The head coach should have CEO responsibility in that he has a handle on what is happening during the game, not just after.

If coordinators are position coaches also, someone can take over in game adjustments face to face on the sideline for that position.  It takes some of the emotion out of things for the box coaches, and I think that helps rational adjustments take place easier.

That isn't to say that's the right thing for each coaching staff or group of players,  just my view of it.

I’d think the coordinators would want to be up in the box where they have the best view of the field. Anyone who has ever watched film can tell you how much more you pick up when your up high. And if the coordinators aren’t in the box then you need someone who knows your side of the ball extremely well as you rely on their input a lot