Quote function of latest software revision

I hate the look and the operation of the current rev's quote function.  The quoted text just doesn't stand out like it used to.  And it's harder to edit when creating posts.  Sometimes it's hard to cut-and-paste a quote within the post editing box.  On a previous version you could type in the characters around a block of text to set it apart as a quote (last version maybe? or two versions ago).  You can't do this anymore.  

I've gotten used to only having a single quote in a post rather than multiple nested quotes we used to have in previous revisions.  Although I did like the multiple nested quotes better.  It made it easier to follow a conversation.  So there's that. 

Oh well.  

2 hours ago, knapplc said:

This version of IP.Board is definitely the least user-friendly we've had since I've been on HuskerBoard.

I wonder whether this version is one size fits all, or certain characteristics could be tweaked to make it more user friendly.  

It's usable.  But we definitely took a step backwards from the version running a couple years ago.