• 9 months later...

6 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

I never heard of this before.  Will definitely check it out.  

Yes, it is very well done.  Makes the Gospels come alive but it is not a traditional religious film.  They try to paint the participants as they may really have been without the stain glass religiosity.  A lot of 'behind the scenes' type of stories.  Putting more flesh on the scriptural narrative.   

• Plus1 1
  • 3 weeks later...

2 hours ago, BigRedN said:

@TGHusker, here ya go.  Here is that thread.  I will see if @Mavric or another Mod can move those "Chosen" posts from "What God Wishes Christians New About Christianity" over here to this thread and maybe it will generate some discussion on this wonderful series.

Big Red N, Mark

Thanks - I forgot that we had this thread going.  

1 hour ago, BigRedN said:

Here's a graphic I made up that revolves around one of my favorite quotes from Mary [Lilith] from The Chosen

Mark - I Was One Way.png

That is like the one they have on the new hoodies that will be coming out.  Probably the best quote  (among many) from season 1.

• 2 weeks later...

I found it very interesting how they started the episode -  a look into the future with John figuring out how to start his gospel - eventually he wrote "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."   This was later brought clear to John as Jesus picked out the scripture to be read.

You see the tension between the 2 teams of brothers on which pare should be the 'leaders' -  Peter and Andrew vs James and John.   As @BigRedN notes above, humility would become the lesson of the day.   The emphasis on the Samaritans in the first episode is appropriate for the current state of affairs in the USA - the need to accept different cultures as equal in God's eyes and putting love before our differences.