Good shows last night.  A lot of character development - of the disciples with less attention on Jesus.  Philip is introduced as a pretty likable fellow.  My wife was moved by Mother Mary's comments as my wife is a mother of grown sons too.   I was moved the Nathaniel under the tree and how the director made the link of John 1:45-50 to the story.  I think all of us, like Nathaniel, at one time or another wonder if God knows our name and address - the cry of the heart asking 'do I matter?".  The answer is yes and yes God does know our name and address.

Be Still and Know.

21 hours ago, BigRedN said:

Religion continues to tell every to clean up their lives and "be holy"

I think 'religion' is the reason we have many turning away from the faith.  The dos and don'ts and the strings.  I'm seeing that Jesus reveals a much different picture of the God of love than what so much of religion does. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Dallas has done a good job with this project and it is touching many lives.    My wife and I had watched the movie that 'flopped' and failed a year or so ago.  He said he just about left the business discouraged by the flop.  But like all things in the kingdom of God,  - Unless the seed falls to the grown and dies, it will bear no fruit.  Our lives often have to go through a lot of 'death cycles' (dying to pride, self will, selfish ambitions, etc) before we can be fruitful in ways that truly matter.   Dallas's life is a good example. 

PS - the  movie that flopped  - wasn't all that bad - kind of predictable - but I have seen worse.

Interview about it from a year ago.

https://twelvethirty.media/leadership/learning-from-failure-with-dallas-jenkins/

• 4 months later...