OLB Cameron Lenhardt

HuskerBoard Predictor  

43 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Lenhardt commit?

• Nebraska
    • Michigan State
    • Tennessee
    • Penn State
    • Maryland

This poll is closed to new votes

10 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

Normally I would also question that pretty heavily as well, but it's what Vince has been saying since July and i think he's still the only college coach on here. So it could happen. 

He is 6’3” 250. He does not have the body type at all to be an ILB. 

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 2

11 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Wisconsin - 6'2 260.  What is the body type. 

None of their linebackers inside were even close to that. More like 230. In fact, their edge guy wasn’t even 260. 

Lenhardt actually played DT for IMG. I think he is a tweener edge guy who will outgrow and may be a guy on the LOS rather than a stand up guy anyway. 

• TBH 1
16 minutes ago, Decked said:

None of their linebackers inside were even close to that. More like 230. In fact, their edge guy wasn’t even 260. 

Lenhardt actually played DT for IMG. I think he is a tweener edge guy who will outgrow and may be a guy on the LOS rather than a stand up guy anyway. 

My bad, it was Iowa.  Oregon also has a 260 inside lb.  I don't know enough about White's Def. Or Lenhardt athletic ability.  Just saying that there are bigger inside backers. 

12 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

My bad, it was Iowa.  Oregon also has a 260 inside lb.  I don't know enough about White's Def. Or Lenhardt athletic ability.  Just saying that there are bigger inside backers. 

They are a rarity. Not the norm. Sewell is 6’2” 253. Comparable. Jack Campbell is 6’5” 246. Longer and leaner +  also a f#&%in’ stud. Lenhardt will not be playing ILB. 

• TBH 3

12 hours ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Wisconsin - 6'2 260.  What is the body type. 

12 hours ago, Decked said:

Probably thinking of Leo Chenal, he was 6'2 260 for UW in 2021. All of the examples are unique players, but so is Lenhardt. I'm just saying it wouldn't shock me because someone who knows more about player evaluation than me thought it was possible. The old staff was recruiting him as a standup edge guy though.

FWIW the MLB in a 3-3-5 tends to be bigger - Jamoi Hodge for TCU is listed at 6'2 245. Iowa State had O'Rien Vance, 6'2 260. Syracuse's largest LB was only ~240, so it's not a requirement by any means - and just because a guy is that weight doesn't mean they have the skill set. But the MLB is completely an in the box player, you've got the OLBs and the Safeties + Rover to handle everything outside the tackles. So if he's got the feet and short area quickness, the lack of sideline to sideline speed really isn't an issue. 

Don’t think Lenhardt in addition to being too large has the best lateral movement to be an inside guy. He is ALREADY 250. He is going to likely gain more weight I would bet. I don’t see it. Think he will end up having his hand in the dirt at some point. 

• Plus1 1