OLB Cameron Lenhardt

HuskerBoard Predictor  

43 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Lenhardt commit?

• Nebraska
    • Michigan State
    • Tennessee
    • Penn State
    • Maryland

This poll is closed to new votes

• Mavric pinned this topic

247 updated their scouting reports after the UA bowl, and like with Nation seems like a good fit for White's defense. I don't think we'll have a problem embracing tweeners.

One of the more unique front-seven defenders in the 2023 cycle given measurables and career path. Started things off as a hand-in-the-dirt defensive end up in New Jersey before transfering into the national powerhouse that is IMG Academy down in Florida as a junior where he was initially deployed as a stand-up edge rusher and off-ball linebacker. Eventually transitioned to a full-time interior defensive lineman as a senior in an aggressive, SEC-like front that lined him up as a 2i, 3 or 4i depending on the down and distance. Found plenty of success in that role as his first-step and energy allowed him to consistently flush out pockets. Not the longest of individuals at 6-foot-3, 250 pounds, but understands how to win with leverage and a firm swipe of the hands. Got better and better in purist as a 12th grader and started to flash the ability to make stops outside of the hashes. Overall, should be viewed as a bit of a boom-or-bust type of prospect given the position ambiguity. Drew rave reviews from the folks in Bradenton at the tail end of the recruiting process and held his own when matched up with high-profile offensive linemen during Under Armour All-America Game practices, but needs to play for a defensive coordinator that’s going to embrace his tweener measurables and utilize his strengths. NFL upside with his mindset.

• Plus1 1
8 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

247 updated their scouting reports after the UA bowl, and like with Nation seems like a good fit for White's defense. I don't think we'll have a problem embracing tweeners.

Interesting read, I didnt realize he had been playing in the middle as much. So what do we do with him? Does he bulk up and become a true interior lineman, slim down and move to linebacker. Or does he kind of stabilize where he is at and become a true defensive end. I like this kid a lot, we just seem to have a lot tweeners who could fit all over in a 3-3-5

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
3 hours ago, Decked said:

Wouldn’t shock me to see him grow into a variety of positions including interior DL/DE/OLB. ILB I 100% disagree. 

Normally I would also question that pretty heavily as well, but it's what Vince has been saying since July and i think he's still the only college coach on here. So it could happen.