RB Gabe Ervin

HuskerBoard Predictor  

12 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Ervin commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

Player: Gabe Ervin

Hometown: Buford, Georgia

School: Buford

Position: Running Back

Height: 6-0

Weight: 200

Power 5 Offers: Arizona State, Arkansas, Colorado, Duke, Florida State, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Louisville, Maryland, Michigan State, Mississippi, Nebraska, Syracuse, Tennessee, Virginia Tech

Visits

Twitter

247 Composite: #680 Overall; #39 RB; .8662; :ThreeStar:

Rivals: #23 RB; :ThreeStar:
247: #92 RB; :ThreeStar:
ESPN: 

Hudl

• Plus1 1

22.51 200 meters

49.07 400 meters

Pretty impressive for someone pushing 200 pounds

:zoom

Has an OV set here for June 21.  

Hearing from Georgia, Duke, Arizona State and Michigan State the most (along with us).  Sounds like we are after him pretty hard.  

• Plus1 3
20 minutes ago, flatwaterfan said:

Good blend of size, speed and power.   One thing he will need to do in college is get rid of that little hop he does when the ball is snapped.   First step is important as you move up levels.     

I'm guessing he's coached that way to help with timing and positioning on the handoffs.

28 minutes ago, flatwaterfan said:

Good blend of size, speed and power.   One thing he will need to do in college is get rid of that little hop he does when the ball is snapped.   First step is important as you move up levels.     

I have no problem with the hop.  We teach kid to twitch, shuffle, press so we can slow them down at the mesh.  Your aiming point is important but with the offense we run he will need to be slow to start so we can mesh and read defenders.  

23 minutes ago, flatwaterfan said:

Never considered doing it that way.   Just seemed to me that it was slowing the play down but I guess there are different ways of doing things.  Thanks for the info. 

You bet!!  First steps like what you are talking about are very important for some offenses.  The flex bone offense we ran in Hs was predicated on getting to the gap quick and making the defense make a quick decision.  The RPOs out of the gun want to take time setting up.  

• 3 weeks later...

• 1 month later...
  • Mavric changed the title to RB Gabe Ervin
  • Mavric pinned this topic