The "Jason Peter Has An Opinion" Thread

Grown men acting like little kids...

Sometimes I wonder why I invest so much interest into this.

If this is really about Keagan Johnson, then GD right Clester should have a say in what his kid does.  That's not nearly the same as a former player telling kids not related to them to "stay away".  Jason Peter is a dope, he was a great player and part of Husker history, but he is a dope.

• Plus1 1

Peter is being a complete dolt in this issue.  Clester probably informed his son of what it's like to play at NU, but he can't force Keagan to go to NU.  I commend Clester for letting it be his 100% his son's decision, which it should be.  As parents, we can guide and inform our children, but we can't make decisions for them, especially as they approach being a young adult.

• Plus1 4
20 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Peter is being a complete dolt in this issue.  Clester probably informed his son of what it's like to play at NU, but he can't force Keagan to go to NU.  I commend Clester for letting it be his 100% his son's decision, which it should be.  As parents, we can guide and inform our children, but we can't make decisions for them, especially as they approach being a young adult.

The worst thing you would want to do is sort of force him to NU and then the kid hates it...

• Plus1 2

If I had a kid who was a D1 talent, I would want him/her to go to a winning program.  NU, at least in football is not.  I do not see anything in the immediate to near future that will turn this around......With that being said, people with "ties" or "inside info" on the program might hear/see things that we are not....

I think Jason Peter's passion for the program and backing of Frost is awesome.

......and I'm not concerned where Clester Johnson's kids go to college....

There will continue to be some petty drama surrounding the football program for a while.  The legacy of Harv will take some time to correct.  Frost is on the right path.

• Plus1 1