The "Jason Peter Has An Opinion" Thread

12 minutes ago, TheSker said:

I think Jason Peter's passion for the program and backing of Frost is awesome.

......and I'm not concerned where Clester Johnson's kids go to college....

There will continue to be some petty drama surrounding the football program for a while.  The legacy of Harv will take some time to correct.  Frost is on the right path.

So much this.  Really hoping we have football this fall.  Start to quiet some of the noise....

22 minutes ago, PlzCoolerMe said:

To me, it doesn’t really matter so much that his kid went to Iowa...  But, it does matter A LOT if he’s trashing program in some form...  (Which is what JP seems to be implying and I agree with his take if so)

Pretty sure he's not saying anything about a recruit, but rather an Alumni.

• Plus1 1

A person can appreciate the past and be critical of the the present at the same time.  We can appreciate and show concern simultaneously. What works best for the current situation we're in???

For example: I got my undergrad at UNK, it was awesome.  Not because of school, but the experience.  School wasn't bad though...

20 years later: I'm getting my Masters through UNK's online program.  I greatly appreciate the pay raise it will give me and the ease of the program.  But if my kids were to say they want to "grow academically" through the same program I would smack 'em and tell them to go somewhere else.  

The only thing I would mention to my kid, about NU, is if you are planning on staying in the state afterwards...you are set.

Even Harrison Phillips mentioned that the other day, how he has wondered how different things would be if he went to NU and not Stanford...you end up basically picking the job you want in the state.

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, PlzCoolerMe said:

To me, it doesn’t really matter so much that his kid went to Iowa...  But, it does matter A LOT if he’s trashing program in some form...  (Which is what JP seems to be implying and I agree with his take if so)

This. If he felt Iowa was a better fit for whatever reason, more power to him. However, if CJ was indeed bashing the Huskers that is not a good look at all. 
In the end, we need to have guys that want to be N and committed to what Frost and Co. are doing. 

1 hour ago, PlzCoolerMe said:

But the Keagan or Clester aren’t trashing the NU program. That’s where Peter has it wrong. 

1 minute ago, Touchdown Tommie said:

This. If he felt Iowa was a better fit for whatever reason, more power to him. However, if CJ was indeed bashing the Huskers that is not a good look at all. 
In the end, we need to have guys that want to be N and committed to what Frost and Co. are doing. 

CJ wasn’t bashing the program, and if Peter would have asked CJ personally instead of spouting off on Twitter, he would have known that. 

18 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

But the Keagan or Clester aren’t trashing the NU program. That’s where Peter has it wrong. 

Peter said "'IF' what he's hearing is true......"

And Peter is hearing it behind the scenes.  I'm ok that Peter is being vocal.  That dude freakin' loves the program.

• Plus1 5

3 minutes ago, TheSker said:

Peter said "'IF' what he's hearing is true......"

And Peter is hearing it behind the scenes.  I'm ok that Peter is being vocal.  That dude freakin' loves the program.

And Clester Johnson doesn’t love the program?  He’s making dumb Tweets off of rumors, instead of reaching out to Clester and getting the info from him. Being “vocal” in this instance is moronic. 

4 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

And Clester Johnson doesn’t love the program?  He’s making dumb Tweets off of rumors, instead of reaching out to Clester and getting the info from him. Being “vocal” in this instance is moronic. 

I can't answer what Clester Johnson thinks of the program.  Can you?

I'll let the fraternity of former players take care of this one amongst themselves.

• Plus1 1
Just now, TheSker said:

I can't answer what Clester Johnson thinks of the program.  Can you?

I'll let the fraternity of former players take care of this one amongst themselves.

But you seem to be putting Peter’s words above Clester’s. I don’t know either one, but I’m confident they both love their school and program. I’m sure the fraternity of former players will agree that Peter is being a moron for letting internet rumors and heresay inform his opinion instead of directly reaching out to Clester to discuss what’s going on.

Also, Keagan’s decision to go to Iowa is his decision. He doesn’t owe his dad, Jason Peter, or the NU fans an explanation. 

1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

But you seem to be putting Peter’s words above Clester’s. I don’t know either one, but I’m confident they both love their school and program. I’m sure the fraternity of former players will agree that Peter is being a moron for letting internet rumors and heresay inform his opinion instead of directly reaching out to Clester to discuss what’s going on.

Also, Keagan’s decision to go to Iowa is his decision. He doesn’t owe his dad, Jason Peter, or the NU fans an explanation. 

K Johnson possibly going to Iowa is no biggie.

Wonder why Clester felt the need to respond to J Peter?.......