The "Jason Peter Has An Opinion" Thread

I highly doubt JD is coming back and I will also say that the team will be better off for it. 

That dunk by CJ there is pretty good. I’m not happy to hear what he has to say, but the truth stings and needs to be said. I don’t think his son said anything terrible, it’s a unique situation given the circumstances, but that is locker room material for when kids line up against him - this fall even - and when he’s at Iowa. 

• Plus1 1

37 minutes ago, Savage Husker said:

I highly doubt JD is coming back and I will also say that the team will be better off for it. 

That dunk by CJ there is pretty good. I’m not happy to hear what he has to say, but the truth stings and needs to be said. I don’t think his son said anything terrible, it’s a unique situation given the circumstances, but that is locker room material for when kids line up against him - this fall even - and when he’s at Iowa. 

Based on what? I think people project a lot onto JD just because he's quiet. I have no idea if he's coming back or not, but I don't buy that he's a negative factor on the team because he has stepped away and people think he's quitting.

Agreed on the locker room material - not hard to argue Iowa has been better and is a smart choice. Doesn't mean it shouldn't be extra motivation.

• Plus1 1
5 hours ago, Husker in WI said:

Based on what? I think people project a lot onto JD just because he's quiet. I have no idea if he's coming back or not, but I don't buy that he's a negative factor on the team because he has stepped away and people think he's quitting. 

Agreed on the locker room material - not hard to argue Iowa has been better and is a smart choice. Doesn't mean it shouldn't be extra motivation.

Based on opinion. A lot of little things and nothing in particular, just a low percentage path for a student to return. Maybe I’m wrong, we’re in a real goofy era. I don’t think he is or was bad for the team, nothing ill to say about JD - as you note - because he is a reserve kid. I respect that. My opinion is he hasn’t been happy, hence the sabbatical, a kid who isn’t fully committed to the team does create a distraction. I also believe attitudes are contagious, therefore I think the team is better off without him and let him return when he figures out what he wants and then if the team will accept him back. 

• Plus1 1

18 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Why would Clester get roasted if NU beats Iowa this year?  Clester didn't make the decision to go to Iowa, his son did.  I fail to see what Clester did wrong here?

"So people have to understand that it is not my Nebraska. It is not the same day... At the end of the day, you can see they are not winning. They're not going to bowl games & they have to say to themselves, Do I want to go down there? If they have that opportunity, do I want to go down there and be a part of that? 

I think one of the things he wanted to do was go to a place he felt like where things were rolling pretty good, and if he can enhance that, that's the quickest way to get to the championship atmosphere." 

LMAO. He's not lying, so I can't knock him there, but I'll jump off the top of Oldfather Hall before Iowa embodies "championship atmosphere" more than Nebraska. We'll be back. I'm a fan, so I'd like to see fun poked at Clester for dumb comments like that. 

I wonder how Iowa's bowl game banners are doing these days. 

• Plus1 5
19 hours ago, Savage Husker said:

Lol uh no

28 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Can't Keagan Johnson go to Iowa, and if the teams switch positions (Nebraska starts winning & Iowa founders) couldn't he transfer her with the one-time transfer rule?

But I thought he wanted championship atmosphere, good for him. 

It's crazy to be hard on 17 year old kids for making a school decision.  I think the majority of Nebraska fans understand his reasoning and don't fault him for trying to make what he thinks is the right decision.  If Nebraska turns it around and he wants to transfer home, I think we have a pretty good mentor leading our program with experience on such matters.  I wish the kid the best.  

• Fire 1

It's good that Clester has been around this long enough to know that the vast majority of fans are good and will leave him and his son alone with the decision.  It's sad though that they have to deal with a few blubbering idiots that think their purpose in life is to tweet recruits and their families.

If you tweet recruits and families, you need to seriously examine your life.

• Plus1 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
1 hour ago, Atbone95 said:

"So people have to understand that it is not my Nebraska. It is not the same day... At the end of the day, you can see they are not winning. They're not going to bowl games & they have to say to themselves, Do I want to go down there? If they have that opportunity, do I want to go down there and be a part of that? 

I think one of the things he wanted to do was go to a place he felt like where things were rolling pretty good, and if he can enhance that, that's the quickest way to get to the championship atmosphere." 

LMAO. He's not lying, so I can't knock him there, but I'll jump off the top of Oldfather Hall before Iowa embodies "championship atmosphere" more than Nebraska. We'll be back. I'm a fan, so I'd like to see fun poked at Clester for dumb comments like that. 

I wonder how Iowa's bowl game banners are doing these days. 

Nobody likes to bring up perceived slights like Husker fans.

I like making fun of Iowa as much as the next guy, but they are closer to "championship" football than NU is right now.  They've shown that the past 5 years, and if they improve, they will be championship caliber.  I agree it's a big if, because Iowa has always seemed to have a ceiling.  Nebraska's ceiling may be higher, but we are a LONG WAYS away from that ceiling, as we've been rock bottom recently.  I can see why a kid would think Iowa is closer to championships than Nebraska, and I can see why a kid would want to see if he can ride the improvement with NU.

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

It's good that Clester has been around this long enough to know that the vast majority of fans are good and will leave him and his son alone with the decision.  It's sad though that they have to deal with a few blubbering idiots that think their purpose in life is to tweet recruits and their families.

If you tweet recruits and families, you need to seriously examine your life.

This!

• Haha 1
22 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Why would Clester get roasted if NU beats Iowa this year?  Clester didn't make the decision to go to Iowa, his son did.  I fail to see what Clester did wrong here?

Clester didn't do anything wrong.  His comments about the current state of the Huskers went beyond simply stating he supported his son's decision.

So yeah, if the Huskers beat Iowa, it's ok that he hears about it from former players.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
On 5/11/2020 at 12:28 PM, ColoradoHusk said:

I read the post you quoted and it wasn't Knowledge mildly surprised 

On 5/11/2020 at 8:54 AM, Hilltop said:

This isn't basketball.  You don't realize the potential of your incoming talent in football for at least 2 years and in most cases it takes 3-4 years.  This season we should start to see some of the new regimes talents as upper class men but it will really be in 2021 and 2022 before we get to see what the Frost kids can really do.   

Yeah...I mean...not anymore.  If you are recruiting guys that you are not going to see the potential of for 3-4 years...you are recruiting the wrong guys.

• Plus1 3