What ...

53 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

The one thing I’ve learned from this thread is that God apparently likes walls o’ text.  My goodness, even if I was so inclined it would be tldr.

And none of it is actually coming from god. It's all someone else's interpretation.

This is one of the most poorly titled threads in P&R.

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, knapplc said:

And none of it is actually coming from god. It's all someone else's interpretation.

This is one of the most poorly titled threads in P&R.

Kinda the typical problem with Christianity or any religion. People interpret what they want something to mean and then run with it like it’s what God or Allah or whoever really wants.

• Plus1 1

11 hours ago, BigRedN said:

Great message by Rob Shultz

Are You Motivated by Love or Fear?  What Do You Believe?

https://www.facebook.com/100009284712054/videos/976270223320711/

Mark
Jesus New Covenant Academy

I gotta say, Rob's Religion Free Fellowship has an interesting POV.

About

Christianity is not a religion. Christianity is the proclamation of the end of religion, not of a new religion, or even of the best of all religions. If the cross is the sign of anything, it's the sign that God has gone out of the religion business and solved all of the world's problems without requiring a single human being to do a single religious thing. What the cross is actually a sign of is the fact that religion can't do a thing about the world's problems - that it never did work and it never will!
Robert Farrar Capon
1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I gotta say, Rob's Religion Free Fellowship has an interesting POV.

About

Christianity is not a religion. Christianity is the proclamation of the end of religion, not of a new religion, or even of the best of all religions. If the cross is the sign of anything, it's the sign that God has gone out of the religion business and solved all of the world's problems without requiring a single human being to do a single religious thing. What the cross is actually a sign of is the fact that religion can't do a thing about the world's problems - that it never did work and it never will!
Robert Farrar Capon

I think I agree with the perspective. But I really doubt I'd agree with Rob on what that actually means.

5 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

So who gets to decide who the cool Christians are, versus the Christians living in a spiritual vacuum?

If most Christians have never discovered the difference, then God is pretty lousy at choosing His Christian messengers. 

Not sure Major W. Ian Thomas is gonna break that trend. 

For the ones who stand to benefit with power it's just a convenient tribe-reinforcing No True Scotsman fallacy.

For the ones who, imo, truly meet and follow the real Jesus, they do away with silly things like gatekeeping a label or participating in that socio-cultural spiritual tribe in the first place.

8 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

So who gets to decide who the cool Christians are, versus the Christians living in a spiritual vacuum?

If most Christians have never discovered the difference, then God is pretty lousy at choosing His Christian messengers. 

Not sure Major W. Ian Thomas is gonna break that trend. 

The Romans were pretty good at this.  I mean it's why Christianity is what it is today, right?

• 2 weeks later...
  • NoLongerN changed the title to What ...