What ...

12 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

I couldn't get this image to post ... I guess it is too large.  So, I'm posting a link if you want to see the graphic.

https://www.facebook.com/JesusNewCovenantAcademy/photos/a.162430758487329/675761177154282

Here are four [4] different groups of folks in need of God's grace.
How is forgiveness and life found?

Well, first there is the Jew. They were given the Law as a covenant between them and God. If they kept the Law [613] commands then God's presence and blessing would be with them. He would lead them by the hand out of Egypt, however, Israel could not ever remain faithful "wholeheartedly" [Jeremiah 24:7] to His Covenant. The result was that the Lord would turn away from them. The Jew was striving and seeking to be righteous through the Law to merit or earn His righteousness. In the graphic, notice that the Jew outwardly is wearing a nice suit [to look good], but doesn't see for himself that the Law has made him imperfect, incomplete, unclean and dirty. He is proud how looks outwardly ... but inwardly he still has a "deceitful and sick heart" [Jeremiah 17:9].

The Gentile was never given the Law nor any means to be saved and experience and know God. The Gentile was simply "separate from Christ, excluded from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers to the covenant of promise, have no hope and without God in the world" [Ephesians 2:12]. In essence, the Gentile was simply "naked" and exposed. The Gentile had a "heart of stone" [Ezekiel 36:26] meaning a spiritually dead nature from Adam with no hope of any thing from the Law helping and being strangers to the covenant of promise [this would be the New Covenant] having any application to them.

The third group are "The Believers". These are saints [Ephesians 1:1] who have believed and received the forgiveness and life found in what Jesus mediated in His New Covenant. By grace through faith, the believer is placed INTO Christ's resurrected life, righteousness and lifeline, thus, they are indwelt with the Holy Spirit and clothed with Christ. Notice the Four [4] colored clothes the believer is wearing. These are His New Covenant clothes representing the Four [4] Promises/Provisions that Jesus provided in Hebrew 8:10-12. The believer is at spiritual rest and peace, IN Christ, having believed in the finished work of Jesus. The believer has been given a "heart of flesh" [Ezekiel 36:26], which is the promise of the New Covenant and can now love God from the new heart and spirit.

The final group of people are the "legalists". The legalist has "fallen from grace" [Galatians 5:2], meaning, they have in their mind now seeking to be justified [to be declared righteous] by Law. In other words, they have a "knowing" about God's righteousness and they seek to establish again that righteousness through the Law or seeking to establish that on their own [apart from Christ's provision]. In the graphic, you will see that the New Covenant clothes are covered up by the "Law clothes" that are the "Tutor" that shows one they are not perfect or complete, but rather ... dirty.

The surprise to many believers who fall or get put under the Law .... and thus, fall back under legalism, is that they were never given the Law. The Gentiles are simply believing error and went over and took the Law, not realizing that by doing so they are placing a yoke upon themselves which the Jewish person was never able to bear [Acts 15:10]. The Jew was all beat up by the Law, standing there in ragged clothes ... and then the Gentile, who didn't have the law but were actually naked, go over and take upon them the ragged clothes of the Law thinking that somehow makes them look good or righteous. How silly ... but many fall from grace and back under the Law for to try to merit/earn their righteousness.

Here's the deal ... if God is going to give a new set of clothes to both the Jew and the Gentile, then the Jew is going to have to take off his suit and his Law clothes. For the Gentile, they are going to have to simply "get dressed" and put on the New Covenant clothes [remember, the Gentile was simply "naked"]. Make sense?

For you and I ... as believers, our category where we experience the true love, life and liberty of all that the death, burial and resurrection bought and purchased is to rest in our new creation life as ones clothed WITH and IN Christ.

If you have a wrestle in your mind regarding being in, under or influenced by one of the other categories, please take some time to express this and lets have a discussion about the gospel so you can rest in what Jesus mediated for you in His New Covenant.

Mark
Jesus New Covenant Academy

My wife is Jewish so you can f#&% straight off. Worry about yourself and you own fairy tales. 

• Plus1 6

2 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

Love me some Jewish folks.  My Abba is Jewish also ... so is my Savior.  All the best to you and yours.  And an FYI, there is really no reason at all to conduct yourself in this manner in terms of anything posted here.  You don't need to insult and use the verbiage you choose.  I think if you are one of "the greatest fans on earth" ... you can probably say what you wanted to say without showing your worst self ... but grace to you.  I get your anger ... I would be angry as well if I was under those 613 Laws and still couldn't be perfect/complete ... that has got to be really frustrating.

Insult others and then when someone calls you out act holier than thou. The good ole Christian way. Thinking you have all the answers to the mysteries of life. Good for you! Im glad you have something to find happiness in, but keep it between you and others that think like you. Stop being a bigot to people that dont think like you. Good day. 

• Plus1 4
  • NoLongerN changed the title to What ...