What ...

The basic problem with organized religion is perfectly illustrated in the title of this thread. When human beings attempt to tell you what it is that God really wants there is always room for error and interpretation. I don't see how the OP's opinion carries anymore, or even equal, weight to a religion that has been around for 2000+ years.

And I didn't even need to read more than one post (because I didn't) in this thread to come to this conclusion. Accept what you can and reject the stuff you must. We've all seen enough of people to know there are very few you can believe or trust and who have enough going on between their ears to leave the reasoning up to them. Sorry OP, you don't qualify.

• Plus1 1

10 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

Those are not my words.  [See David Adams]

So first of all, you are copying from other sites without including the link citing your source. That is a violation of the board rules. But I'm sure it was just an oversight on your end.

So they are not your words, yet you are posting them, so I assume you take stock in them, and you appear to be a man of faith, so if you say there is historical and archaeological evidence, it would be interesting to hear you support this claim.

12 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

I have nothing to prove to you.  I'm sure both in creation and your own conscience, you are able to form your own view.  You don't need me.  You carry your own burden, you don't need any "yoke" from me.  I think you are just fine in your understanding

Secondly, this is a message board. Why are you posting all of this stuff if you don't want to engage in a discussion about it? I'm not trying to be insulting or condescending here - why so flippant and dismissive?

• NoLongerN changed the title to What ...