2020 C Eduardo Andre [Nebraska - Signed LOI]

13 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Was in the Rivals150 last summer but slid down now.

And they said he moved down because they haven't had a chance to evaluate him again. It's very possible he moves back up.

Solid pickup. Looks like he runs the court well and he's an athletic big man. Needs a little muscle and development, but he looks like a solid addition.  I believe he'll be the only freshman on the roster.

1 minute ago, seaofred92 said:

Has a lot of pretty good offers, although I don’t know how many were committable. Auburn, Houston, Illinois, San Diego State were all top 25 teams last year. Abdelmassih is listed as his lead recruiter in 247.

Yeah, Houston probably was legit

The Auburn and Illini offers were probably not.

SDSU probably was.

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/nebraska-adds-promising-2020-big-man-eduardo-andre

Fred Hoiberg and Nebraska made an intriguing addition to their 2020 recruiting efforts on Tuesday.

6-foot-9 Eduardo Andre a post player from London, England who finished his prep career at Chandler (Ariz.) Compass Prep has committed to the Huskers.

"It was a mixture of things.," Andre told Rivals.com. "First is that Coach Hoiberg played in the NBA and coached in the NBA so I feel like he knows what it takes and I look at that a lot.

"Not a lot of coaches told me what to work on and he did that. I feel like the whole staff took me in and wanted me to go there. They really have a vision for me. Obviously it's in the Big Ten and that's one of the best conferences there is."

• Plus1 1

"A breakout summer on the AAU circuit in 2019 with the Dallas Mustangs program vaulted Andre into the 2020 Rivals150, but he dropped out this past winter just because he didn't get evaluated enough. When the final 2020 rankings come out later this summer, though, it sounds like there’s a chance he’ll make his way back onto the list."

• Plus1 2
Just now, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Rivals said he had offers from all.  This is a good pickup as he is not afraid of the competition and our veteran heavy team.

Yeah, offers but not committable.  

Auburn got a top 150 Center a week ago and a top 50 guy (same size roughly) a month ago.

Illinois has a top 15 class with a top 150 PF who is this kids size.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
Just now, teachercd said:

Yeah, offers but not committable.  

Auburn got a top 150 Center a week ago and a top 50 guy (same size roughly) a month ago.

Illinois has a top 15 class with a top 150 PF who is this kids size.

Illinois still has 1 2020 scholly open and Auburn offered another C yesterday.   It looks as if they could have still been in the picture, but neither us will actually know.  Regardless, I like this commit.  Good size, athletic and likes to play D!