2020 C Eduardo Andre [Nebraska - Signed LOI]

3 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Illinois still has 1 2020 scholly open and Auburn offered another C yesterday.   It looks as if they could have still been in the picture, but neither us will actually know.  Regardless, I like this commit.  Good size, athletic and likes to play D!

Hopefully he turns out to be a good player!

• Plus1 1

https://www.omaha.com/sports/college/huskers/teams/mens-basketball/recruiting-new-commit-eduardo-andre-brings-size-rebounding-skill-to-huskers/article_58e9c2da-f1a3-59bf-8557-3569eaec341e.html

Nebraska basketball’s newest commit started playing the game just four years ago, in London, and picked it up faster than he expected. By his sophomore year he was in the United States, thousands of miles away from family. And for his senior year, he switched to an up-and-coming program near Phoenix. In January.

The whirlwind career includes a whirlwind romance — with Husker hoops. The 6-foot-10, 220-pounder came onto NU’s radar in recent weeks. After Nebraska’s top target, Adama Sanogo, chose Connecticut last week, the process for Andre accelerated. A virtual visit. Chats with coach Fred Hoiberg. A good understanding of where and how he’d fit in the coach's system.

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, Toe said:

"A breakout summer on the AAU circuit in 2019 with the Dallas Mustangs program vaulted Andre into the 2020 Rivals150, but he dropped out this past winter just because he didn't get evaluated enough. When the final 2020 rankings come out later this summer, though, it sounds like there’s a chance he’ll make his way back onto the list."

I'm assuming that would only be if there is a decent AAU season this summer.

2 minutes ago, seaofred92 said:

AAU season is over for class of 2020 guys. Would only impact 2021 recruits

Ahh...that's right.  Wasn't thinking about the year.

So, is this new evaluation based on the HS season or what?

Also, when would he actually sign?

I admit that I know nothing about the BB recruiting schedule.  It's very confusing to me.

5 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I admit that I know nothing about the BB recruiting schedule.  It's very confusing to me.

I think he has until August to sign.

My guess is he will not sign super soon because basketball coaches don't poach like football coaches do...but he will end up being at NU.

5 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

You're good. He has until August 1st to formally sign. My guess is he will sign soon and enroll in online classes at NU for the second part of the summer. They'll do one final evaluation of the 2020 HS class to include guys that have re-classified and review senior year HS film, for the most part the ratings don't change much but because he's close enough to the Rivals 150 he may sneak in the back part. 

• 3 weeks later...

Not much shooting in the film I saw but he is athletic and moves well.  Nice size although not your traditional “big body” center, he does look like the body type Fred would want for a C in his spread it out and run & gun style.  

I think Fred knows what kind of players he needs / wants on the court and he keeps on finding them.  It seems to me Fred continues to scour the globe to assemble a winner and  get his system/program going.   The wins will start coming soon.  

• Plus1 1
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • seaofred92 unpinned this topic
  • 5 months later...