2020-2021 College Basketball

9 hours ago, Omaha-Husker said:

They are screwed.

However you view the incident in terms of second chances or whatever it is a complete killer for McDermott's recruiting going forward. It is a hell of a risk for them to move forward with him at this point. I am sure former players do really trust that he is a decent man despite his comment, but they had years with him to get to know him. Idk how he talks to a 17 year old you don't know and make any connection with them to convince them to join the program.

After the incident I agree but before he and his staff had seemed to doing pretty well recruiting wise.   I just remember one of the Creighton tournament games that I was able to watch in which they had won I remember after a crucial play late in the game that put CU ahead and in a position to win all of the Creighton players were walking to the bench after a time out where McDermott was clapping his hands and saying good job and congratulating them all as they walked towards the bench.  I distinctly remember watching Christian Bishop as he walked by McDermott with a look on his face that said yeah I'm good thanks as you could tell he was not having any praise that McDermott was offering.  He went from a smile to a non smile quickly as he walked right by his coach.  It was the first thing I thought of after I read Bishop's farewell tweet yesterday.  

2021 Wisconsin Transfer Portal Entrants

• Trevor Anderson, senior, guard, grad transfer
  • Nate Reuvers, senior, forward, grad transfer
  • Walt McGrory, senior, guard, grad transfer (South Dakota)
  • Joe Hedstrom, sophomore, center
  • Plus1 1

21 hours ago, Mavric said:

Those are pretty high profile jobs, although I am not sure Texas will ever be satisfied with any coach. Football or Basketball. I would avoid that one.

Edit: wonder if John Beilein will jump back into college hoops at one of these spots.

18 hours ago, nic said:

Those are pretty high profile jobs, although I am not sure Texas will ever be satisfied with any coach. Football or Basketball. I would avoid that one.

Edit: wonder if John Beilein will jump back into college hoops at one of these spots.

Beilein is a great college coach and doesn't seem to be crooked. I don't know if some of those places are ok with a guy like that. 

10 hours ago, jaws said:

Beilein is a great college coach and doesn't seem to be crooked. I don't know if some of those places are ok with a guy like that. 

The fan base would have to be patient and he doesn’t go for the one and done types....maybe AZ?

2 hours ago, jaws said:

He seemed like a perfect fit at Michigan. 

Leaving for the NBA was bad choice by him. He is a great dude, bummer it didn't work out. Juwan, is working out great at Michigan so far though. I think Beilein is back at Michigan in some teaching or advising capacity. He should teach ethics. :D