On Line Order Lead Times

Has anyone else noticed something strange about these?  I've had to order a number of things recently on line.  I'm sure a lot of people have lately.

But, I ordered something on the May 8th, it said it will deliver between June 12th - 17th.  Over a month.  So...I thought maybe it was coming from over seas.  Well, on May 11th, it arrived at a facility in Cleveland OH.  The delivery date is still over at least a month away.  Typically, that would be 3 days from there.  One to Omaha, one to North Platte.  One out for delivery.

Makes no sense.  Now I'm interested to see when it actually shows up.

9 hours ago, KUfaninNebraska said:

I ordered some dust masks on April 6th. The original delivery was the 22nd. It was delayed until the 28th. Arrived May 4th  Package was mailed April 10th. Up until the 2nd, USPS tracking showed it hadn’t been mailed. 

What's strange is that, like I said, it shipped and arrived at a facility in OH.  It's now been sitting there for two days.  Typically, it arrives one day and ships the next.  I wonder if the facility is short staffed to process packages or do they have issues with trucking.

19 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Has anyone else noticed something strange about these?  I've had to order a number of things recently on line.  I'm sure a lot of people have lately.

But, I ordered something on the May 8th, it said it will deliver between June 12th - 17th.  Over a month.  So...I thought maybe it was coming from over seas.  Well, on May 11th, it arrived at a facility in Cleveland OH.  The delivery date is still over at least a month away.  Typically, that would be 3 days from there.  One to Omaha, one to North Platte.  One out for delivery.

I've noticed the same for many items yet some other items I have received within 2-3 days. I think it may be a combination of a few things.

1- Some items they are getting hammered on (masks etc.) and they are simply going off of when they expect them to be available again.

2- I think some shipments from overseas are being held once they get in country. Probably a quarantine time delay to give the virus time to die.

3- For things originating internationally, their shipping/transportation infrastructure is not operating at peak. I know this to be a fact. I ordered my usual meds from the same Canadian pharmacy. They originate out of India or Mauritius, go through Singapore and Germany before arriving in the US. It usually takes 2-3 weeks however my last order is going on 9 weeks tomorrow. The Canadian pharmacy has told me this is not unusual with the Covid going on. It seems to be hampering Asia and Europe shipping a lot more than our domestic shipping has been affected.

40 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

2- I think some shipments from overseas are being held once they get in country. Probably a quarantine time delay to give the virus time to die.

This might be the case with this item.  If so, it came from over seas pretty dang fast.  But, now it's sitting in Ohio and not moving.  If this is the case, they are having it in quarantine for over a month.

20 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

The other thing I've noticed a little bit of is that some US suppliers just aren't operating at peak efficiency. Some are undermanned, some of the work from home stuff is causing delays and there may be a little of the DGAF at play. I've seen a little of that too.

• Plus1 1