ATH Chamon Metayer [Cincinnati Commit]

To which school will Metayer commit?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Metayer commit?

• Nebraska
    • Florida State
    • Cincinnati
    • Auburn
    • UCF
    • USF

This poll is closed to new votes

De-committed from Miami (FL) today.

Listed as an athlete but claims he only wants to play tight end:

The rising senior originally committed to the Hurricanes the spring after his sophomore season. At the time, many viewed Metayer as an edge rusher at the next level and potentially an elite one, but Metayer has said multiple times in recent months that he intends to be tight end or "big" wide receiver in college after catching 27 passes for 747 yards and eight touchdowns as a junior at Miami Central.

"I consider myself a full-time offensive player," Metayer told InsideTheU back in October. "I have always been comfortable [playing defense], but at the next level I'm only going to be able to play one position and tight end is the position I want to play."

Also plays basketball. Seems like a fairly good athlete. 

• Plus1 1
12 minutes ago, Ziebol said:

Kid would be such a solid de or OLB but doesn’t want to budge. Want to only play offense. Miami is saying he was recruited over due to this.

If this was a large class it would be worth taking him as an athlete knowing you’re likely gonna move him. We have a lot of TE targets currently that are pretty decent. Who knows what happens. Do you tell him you give him a shot and we see from there? 

7 hours ago, Decked said:

If this was a large class it would be worth taking him as an athlete knowing you’re likely gonna move him. We have a lot of TE targets currently that are pretty decent. Who knows what happens. Do you tell him you give him a shot and we see from there? 

I'd start building a relationship at TE, i'm not confident as I once was about our TE targets. 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
  • Mavric changed the title to ATH Chamon Metayer [Cincinnati Commit]