OLB Caden Crawford [Iowa - Signed LOI]

HuskerBoard Predictor  

16 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Crawford commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

• 4 months later...

Nice build for a senior in High school. Rare to find an OLB with his height at 230.

anecdote. He has a highlight film vs. Shawnee Heights HS. My wife was an army brat and transferred to Junction City HS her senior year and we went to one of her High schools games against Shawnee Heights. Every time I see that name, now all I can think about is the student section holding a banner saying

“Beat Scrawny Whites”. 

• 1 month later...

Crawford looks like he is going to shoot up the rankings with his great junior film. The only criticism I have of him as a LB is that his feet are way too square at the point of contact. So he's not loading and exploding through tackles and instead whips guys to the ground. He's big enough, strong enough, and agile enough to dominate in high school doing this. However, it's a sure fire way to get run over by college running backs.

It's all fixable. Right now, he's a QB that is playing LB as well. Once he gets time to work on his footwork, his hand will improve as well and he should get much better at taking on blocks and finishing plays. He's really good and going to get much better.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Held was his main recruiter at first but now Chinander communicates basically every day and Frost is a couple times a week.  Obviously someone we're after hard.  Dawson also in the mix.

He'd like to be able to take visits but realizes this is an odd year.  Spots may be limited and you might lose your spot if you wait too long.

Essentially, Kansas State, Iowa and Nebraska writers think their respective schools could land him. This will be one where you ignore the noise and wait for a Wiltfong crystal ball pick, if he makes one, to know where the kid will go. 

Honestly, I think the kid has a future as an OLB, not DE. Frame looks like it would be better for college football at the 235 range at OLB. 

• Mavric changed the title to OLB Caden Crawford [Iowa Commit]

• Mavric changed the title to OLB Caden Crawford [Iowa - Signed LOI]