2020 Previews: Athlon's 2020 Pre-Season Top 25

The 2020 college football season is scheduled to officially begin on Saturday, Aug. 29, but it's never too early to start thinking about top 25 rankings and what might transpire this fall. Each FBS season brings plenty of surprises, disappointments and unexpected teams emerging in the national title picture. However, the list of favorites for this year starts with familiar contenders: Clemson, Alabama and Ohio State.

An important note on Athlon's top 25 for 2020: This is not a preseason ranking of teams going into the season. Instead, this ranking takes into account where we project teams to finish after the national championship in January. Here are Athlon's projected top 25 teams in college football for 2020.

https://athlonsports.com/college-football/top-25-college-football-rankings

We play:  #25 Iowa, #21 Cincinnati, #20 Minnesota, #12 Wisconsin, #5 PSU, #3 OSU

Yeesh.....

• Plus1 2

7 minutes ago, SFW said:

What makes to think that we can beat any of those teams?  Based on what?  Kool-aid?

2 minutes ago, GBRFAN said:

Simple fact that we have beaten them before - not sure if we have played cinc 

We haven't beat Wisconsin, OSU, or Penn State recently enough to count.

I will say we should have beaten Iowa the last 2 years, and I think we're closer on Wisconsin than the scores have looked. We have a clear talent advantage on Cincy, and I expect Minnesota to regress quite a bit on defense. I don't think we win all four of those or anything, but there's enough of a reason in each that I really doubt we go 0-6 in those games.

• Thanks 1