2020 (Spring 2021) Season Notes

• Mavric changed the title to 2020 (Spring 2021) Season Notes

I love husker volleyball.  But, after having a daughter going through years of club vball plus HS, I’ve been burned out for the last 3-4 years and haven’t watched much.  

im ready to get back into watching. This program is the premier program in the country and it sill be fun for years. 

• 4 weeks later...

Drewnick opting out leaves the team a bit thin at setter, especially in the year of the COVID. Evans now becomes backup, a freshman walk-on who herself is coming off a significant injury. Also curious to see how this affects the double sub when Hames is getting abused on the front row. It appears that Schwartezbach will assume the blocking role left open by Anezka's departure, but can Evans fill in for Drewnick? I seem to recall that it was mentioned that in one of the 'Conversation with the Cooks' podcasts that Knuckles was learning how to two hand set vice bump set in certain situations. I don't know if she would be proficient enough to run an offense in an emergency situation. Base on Cook's response to a general question about the topic (COVID protocols depleting a certain position) in his pre-season press conference, I would lean towards 'NO' as the answer.

And an OBTW, according to the BTN website both Indiana-Nebraska matches are being televised next Friday and Saturday at 6 PM EST. Friday is on BTN proper, Saturday is on BTN plus.

• Plus1 1