Is the Covid era showing us people's true colors?

On 6/1/2020 at 3:56 PM, BigRedBuster said:

OK, I have a family of 5.  My daughters both have boyfriends and we have all spent a ton of time together.  We were all just in Lincoln over the weekend helping the daughters move.  So.....we can't all go eat together?  No, it wouldn't make me cry.  But, there has to be some reasonableness to this.  If we haven't spread the virus amongst us by now, it's not going to be.  

Is it that hard to follow the rules the restaurant has in place because those are the rules they have to follow and sit at 2 tables right next to each other? I could give a s#!t if the rule seems ridiculous. Alot of rules seem ridiculous. 

If someone has a problem with the guidelines and think they aren't reasonable they can take that up with the people who make the guidelines, not the restaurants following the guidelines. Ultimately I can't serve a rotten piece of chicken no matter how much someone begs. These are the guidelines we must follow as a business to remain open and in operation. Just follow them without questions please, we aren't in the position to change them. 

4 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Is it that hard to follow the rules the restaurant has in place because those are the rules they have to follow and sit at 2 tables right next to each other? I could give a s#!t if the rule seems ridiculous. Alot of rules seem ridiculous. 

If we walked into a restaurant and they told us we needed to sit at two tables, we would do so without making even a comment.  My attitude through all of this has been to, listen to the experts and follow rules that are in place and we will all get through it quicker.  My comments were based on the practicality of it.  It's an example of a situation where a rule would be in place and it would really not be doing the intended purpose.

On the flip side, (taking the restaurant's side) they wouldn't know we were all from the same family and that we have spent a lot of time together already.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
On 6/3/2020 at 10:39 AM, BigRedBuster said:

If we walked into a restaurant and they told us we needed to sit at two tables, we would do so without making even a comment.  My attitude through all of this has been to, listen to the experts and follow rules that are in place and we will all get through it quicker.  My comments were based on the practicality of it.  It's an example of a situation where a rule would be in place and it would really not be doing the intended purpose.

On the flip side, (taking the restaurant's side) they wouldn't know we were all from the same family and that we have spent a lot of time together already.

I get that and I'm not blaming you of being that way but so many are and its frustrating. Like there is nothing we can do. We could break the rules but they are serious about these rules and have shut down more than 1 business in my area for not following them. But most guests don't think of it that way. 'If they let me do this they run the risk of being shut down for a week' its a business decision quite simply. We've had a few parties act like that lady did since and every time they take it personally when it's the furthest thing from personal.

On 5/22/2020 at 10:26 AM, Danny Bateman said:

The last lady in this video is pinnacle Karen-ing. Seems to have been told something by front line employee. Asked to speak to the manager. Didn't like that answer from the manager. Threatens lawsuit.

• Plus1 1