Which Cover Songs are Better than the Original?

Came to say "Sound of Silence'" by Disturbed; their cover of "Land of Confusion" is better than the original, too. I prefer the Prince version of "Nothing Compares 2 U", though. 

There are a few no-brainers, like "All Along the Watchtower" by Jimi Hendrix, and "Knockin on Heaven's Door" by GnR. One that I think gets overlooked is "Hallelujah" by Jeff Buckley: 

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, Cdog923 said:

Came to say "Sound of Silence'" by Disturbed; their cover of "Land of Confusion" is better than the original, too. I prefer the Prince version of "Nothing Compares 2 U", though. 

There are a few no-brainers, like "All Along the Watchtower" by Jimi Hendrix, and "Knockin on Heaven's Door" by GnR. One that I think gets overlooked is "Hallelujah" by Jeff Buckley: 

I agree with all of those and will add a couple more no-brainers.

Turn the Page-Metallica

Blue on Black- Five Finger Death Punch w/KWS (maybe not "better" than the original but very good.

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, Mavric said:

I love me some Metallica and love their version.  But I'm not sure I'd say it was clearly better than the original.

That is one where it pretty much depends on your mood. I agree that sometimes the Seger version is better. Both excellent.