*** Husker FB Misc Topic bullsh#t Thread ***

3 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

Clearly a fumble, but it was ruled that his forward progress had stopped so Oklahoma kept the ball.

Similar thing happened against Missouri when Courtney Osborne clocked Blaine Gabbert on a sack, but Missouri kept the ball because Gabbert's forward progress had stopped.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

55 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Clearly a fumble, but it was ruled that his forward progress had stopped so Oklahoma kept the ball.

Similar thing happened against Missouri when Courtney Osborne clocked Blaine Gabbert on a sack, but Missouri kept the ball because Gabbert's forward progress had stopped.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Forward progress has got to be one of my least favorite things, I hate subjective rules. Why don't we allow the defense to drive a guy back 50 yards if he stays up also? Why does it only benefit the offense? Rules are made for scoring to cater to the casual fan, I get it but it is really lame.

• Plus1 1
11 hours ago, suh_fan93 said:

When he finally stops half way up the slope behind the end zone, a roughly 10-year-old Mavric is about 30 feet right of the view of the camera.  Wrapped up in blankets because it was a cold day in Boulder - but the win helped.

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 2