*** Husker FB Misc Topic bullsh#t Thread ***

2 hours ago, Ulty said:

It also isn't unreasonable to think that other conferences like the PAC12 and MAC revisited the idea of launching their seasons only after the B1G got the ball rolling.

So ipso facto, Nebraska is the savior of all of college football outside of the south. So suck on that, mooncrew.

I didn't understand the reasoning for Nebraska either. For me the top three are MSU always whining about disrespect, Wisconsin because they are obnoxiously drunk most of the time, and Michigan because they are pompous asses. 

• Plus1 1

22 minutes ago, nic said:

I didn't understand the reasoning for Nebraska either. For me the top three are MSU always whining about disrespect, Wisconsin because they are obnoxiously drunk most of the time, and Michigan because they are pompous asses. 

I think a lot of the dislike to Nebraska fans is that we still want to point to results 20+ years ago when bringing up the greatness of NU.  Frankly, NU hasn't done jack squat since joining the Big Ten, and has down-right sucked for most of the past 5 years.  If I were an opposing fan, I would think that is super annoying.

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I think a lot of the dislike to Nebraska fans is that we still want to point to results 20+ years ago when bringing up the greatness of NU.  Frankly, NU hasn't done jack squat since joining the Big Ten, and has down-right sucked for most of the past 5 years.  If I were an opposing fan, I would think that is super annoying.

20 years ago seems like a long time for younger generations.  It's really not that long ago and, when you put it in the perspective of only 1 of 65 power teams will win yearly, it's impressive what Nebraska has done.  Here are just a few bigger name teams that have NEVER won a championship-

Miss State

Oklahoma State

Missouri

Oregon

South Carolina

Arizona

Arizona State

West Virginia

Virginia Tech

Wisconsin

Purdue

Indiana

Kansas

North Carolina

Fans of those teams should be annoyed and Nebraska fans should be proud!  The odds say a team should only win one championship every 65 years.  Our 5 in the last 50 years is more than the rest of the B1G combined.  It's still ok to hold our head high.:bigredn:

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Fire 1
17 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

20 years ago seems like a long time for younger generations.  It's really not that long ago and, when you put it in the perspective of only 1 of 65 power teams will win yearly, it's impressive what Nebraska has done.  Here are just a few bigger name teams that have NEVER won a championship-

Miss State

Oklahoma State

Missouri

Oregon

South Carolina

Arizona

Arizona State

West Virginia

Virginia Tech

Wisconsin

Purdue

Indiana

Kansas

North Carolina

Fans of those teams should be annoyed and Nebraska fans should be proud!  The odds say a team should only win one championship every 65 years.  Our 5 in the last 50 years is more than the rest of the B1G combined.  It's still ok to hold our head high.:bigredn:

I get what you are saying, but National Championships isn't the only measure.  If you look at conference championships and appearances in major bowl games in the past 20 years, NU is one of a few Power 5 conference teams that have failed to win a conference/appear in a major bowl game.  There have been a few years where NU has been close, only to fail, and then fall back down to being average.

• Plus1 1
36 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

20 years ago seems like a long time for younger generations.  It's really not that long ago and, when you put it in the perspective of only 1 of 65 power teams will win yearly, it's impressive what Nebraska has done. 

You're right, we do have a past we can be proud of and justify the program as one of college football's blue bloods. However, we have made several (note: dozens) of boneheaded errors the past 20 years both on the field and especially off the field. 

I don't think our fanbase/program being labeled as annoying is something we need to get too worked up about. We were annoying and overlooked nationally when we were rolling in the 80s & 90s too. I like the fact that we still have spirit and belief that we're just around the corner or building towards our expectations. Now that the team, program and admin are in unison, I think it's just a matter of time before we get to enjoy the results they've worked towards.

• Fire 1

38 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I get what you are saying, but National Championships isn't the only measure.  If you look at conference championships and appearances in major bowl games in the past 20 years, NU is one of a few Power 5 conference teams that have failed to win a conference/appear in a major bowl game.  There have been a few years where NU has been close, only to fail, and then fall back down to being average.

NU has fallen way below what fans, players and coaches have expected over the past twenty years.  And high bowls and conference championships on a steady basis may be a better indicator then National Championships (this is easier to say now that we have 5 - for a team that has 0 it would probably be the other way around) but we have played in a top bowl in the past 20 years so luckily we can't be lumped into the "few power 5 conference teams that have failed......

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, GBRFAN said:

NU has fallen way below what fans, players and coaches have expected over the past twenty years.  And high bowls and conference championships on a steady basis may be a better indicator then National Championships (this is easier to say now that we have 5 - for a team that has 0 it would probably be the other way around) but we have played in a top bowl in the past 20 years so luckily we can't be lumped into the "few power 5 conference teams that have failed......

Ok, the Rose Bowl appearance against Miami was 19 seasons ago, so that's a technicality.  It's still in-line with the overall message of the program declining over the past 20 years.

1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Ok, the Rose Bowl appearance against Miami was 19 seasons ago, so that's a technicality.  It's still in-line with the overall message of the program declining over the past 20 years.

Agree the program is on a decline that needs to change soon - as i stated.  Technicality - LOL.  That's like a statistician leaving out a group of data to get the "right" answer.  Either way we both agree with nearly everybody on this board that the level needs to climb a couple steps and hopefully more like 4 or 5 steps.....

35 minutes ago, Toe said:

We've fallen way below what expectations were even just seven years ago, let alone 25...

this is 100% correct - it just feels like we are at the bottom of the canyon with some new climbing gear and headed back up to a spot we can at least see the horizon and then make a plan to climb the mountain.