*** Husker FB Misc Topic bullsh#t Thread ***

I kinda feel Held might be a lifer here if they turn things around. Pretty loyal to Nebraska, good w Frost, has the tools and resources here, his name will pop up every couple yrs but I think he wants it here, as an assistant; maybe coordinator at some point if Lubick gone 

if these type of guys stick around their salaries will increase greatly and they’ll never have to “run a program,” which is hard af. Security and loyalty go a long way if we can win. Which I think we will 

• Plus1 2

15 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Just a reminder of who are peers are for the talent we've had to work with recently:

My guess is we are anywhere from 15-30 spots higher ranked in our recruiting classes than 95% of these teams ... which then points even more to the lack of ability to develop.

• Plus1 3
2 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

My guess is we are anywhere from 15-30 spots higher ranked in our recruiting classes than 95% of these teams ... which then points even more to the lack of ability to develop.

I was guessing that would be the first comment.  And there's definitely some of that as well.  

We also seem to have noticeably higher attrition, especially among our highter-rated recruits, so that goes back to talent available.

And two of those six were just this year.  So that would seem to indicate that development is picking up.

• Plus1 1
21 hours ago, Mavric said:

Just a reminder of who are peers are for the talent we've had to work with recently:

Part of the reason we're on that list is because Vincent Valentine and Maliek Collins both left early to enter the 2016 draft.  If the two DTs had stayed we'd have 8 picks from '17 to '21.  Nothing to brag about, but not on the list.   (btw, We had four guys taken in the 2016 draft.)

Those two DTs leaving early hurt us a lot more than most people realize.  /jmho 

• Plus1 3
On 5/3/2021 at 3:13 PM, NUance said:

Part of the reason we're on that list is because Vincent Valentine and Maliek Collins both left early to enter the 2016 draft.  If the two DTs had stayed we'd have 8 picks from '17 to '21.  Nothing to brag about, but not on the list.   (btw, We had four guys taken in the 2016 draft.)

Those two DTs leaving early hurt us a lot more than most people realize.  /jmho 

100% agreed and unfortunately, they left because of the Riley staff. Would have been special to see those two and the twins rotating in for each other for a year.