*** Husker FB Misc Topic bullsh#t Thread ***

2 hours ago, skers83 said:

Riley has coached in 5 pro leagues and at 2 colleges. He now has a winning percentage of 51.8 %. Before this season he was at 50.7 %  Just some useless info.

Scott Frost has coached at 2 colleges. He now has a winning record of 48.6%. Before last season it was 53.4%. Just some more useless info.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

Why do you think Ameer Abdullah NFL career didn't turn out better? He was a second round pick. Yes i know he had fumble issues but can't say thats the only reason why things haven't went his way.  I know he is still playing but nobody here would think that he was bc you barely see him or even hear his named called during a game. I know he will go down as one of our better running backs in recent history just wish his NFL career was different then what it is now.

4 minutes ago, Husker2326 said:

Why do you think Ameer Abdullah NFL career didn't turn out better? He was a second round pick. Yes i know he had fumble issues but can't say thats the only reason why things haven't went his way.  I know he is still playing but nobody here would think that he was bc you barely see him or even hear his named called during a game. I know he will go down as one of our better running backs in recent history just wish his NFL career was different then what it is now.

Because he got drafted by the lions who suck and he had injuries.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

On 6/25/2022 at 3:28 PM, suh_fan93 said:

FWHjY9LWQAIk3Ls?format=jpg&name=small

TO's polo: +1

It appears that was  from the 1979 (78 season) Orange Bowl.  To this day I hate....

Missouri (you thought I was going to say Barry didn't youchuckleshuffle)

Another "would have , should have, could have"  missed NC for Tom.  Bama and USC tied for the NC that year.  Tom might have had a good chance but Mo. spoiled the party wt their conference ending victory the week after we beat OU.  I had just moved to Oklahoma a couple of weeks before we beat OU.  It felt soooo good. The next week felt sooooo bad. 

• Fire 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
On 6/25/2022 at 3:37 PM, Husker2326 said:

He's still making money in the NFL, which is more than a lot of talented 2014 college running backs can say. 

• Plus1 2

Ameer has done very well. A dam good RB both college and pro.   His problem is too many teams in the past decade have forgotten to RUN THE DAM BALL!    lol.   

Passing focused offense is just not nearly as much fun to watch.  I love the physical hard nosed crunch.  FB is about hitting, toughness, blocking, tackling, fighting, pushing, shoving, etc.   HUSKER POWER. Not Husker finesse!   Just no comparison!

Come a runnin boys!   Not come a passin.   Alas!  The good old days look ‘gooder’ every year!   I’m getting too old I guess.  But still gonna hope and pray (a lot harder I guess) as all I can do.  
GBR!