*** Husker FB Misc Topic bullsh#t Thread ***

4 hours ago, huskerfan74 said:

Is it bad that I am happy neither Ohio state nor Michigan got to the final? I just can’t force myself to root for some teams.

It’s not bad at all. I applaud it. “Rooting for your conference” is dumb. If anything you should root against your conference rivals. The better they look, the more attractive they are to recruits, and that keeps recruits away from Nebraska. I have one rule for college football, and that’s I only root for Nebraska. Everyone else can eff themselves. 

• Fire 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

5 hours ago, huskerfan74 said:

Is it bad that I am happy neither Ohio state nor Michigan got to the final? I just can’t force myself to root for some teams.

It is bad. It's not something to applaud. "Rooting for your conference" is smart. You should always root for your conference to show well in non-con games. The better they look, the better your team looks when you do well, and your team becomes more attractive to recruits by association. Being the best team in a bad conference doesn't attract good recruits. If I have one rule for college football, it's that I root for Nebraska first, conference second. Everyone else can eff themselves.

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
14 minutes ago, knapplc said:

It is bad. It's not something to applaud. "Rooting for your conference" is smart. You should always root for your conference to show well in non-con games. The better they look, the better your team looks when you do well, and your team becomes more attractive to recruits by association. Being the best team in a bad conference doesn't attract good recruits. If I have one rule for college football, it's that I root for Nebraska first, conference second. Everyone else can eff themselves.

Do you think schools in Nebraska’s bordering states want NU to get better? No, they don’t. They want NU to keep sucking so they can come in and recruits the Nebraska high school players for their own schools. I sure as heck am not rooting for any of those schools on Saturdays. 

Rooting for your conference rivals are what losing teams do to “prop up” themselves because their own team sucks so bad. 

• Plus1 1

I made a list of all the schools that I think want the Huskers to keeps sucking so they can recruit Nebraska athletes to their school. I didn't limit the list to conference foes or border states and they're not in any particular order.

• Western Ky.
  • Georgia
  • Tennessee
  • Washington
  • UTSA
  • TCU
  • UCF
  • UCLA
  • Oregon
  • Southern California
  • North Carolina
  • North Texas
  • Ole Miss
  • Michigan
  • Ohio St.
  • Florida St.
  • Alabama
  • Oklahoma
  • SMU
  • Utah
  • Arkansas
  • Ga. Southern
  • Texas Tech
  • East Carolina
  • Houston
  • Ohio
  • Kansas St.
  • LSU
  • Wake Forest
  • Clemson
  • Kansas
  • UAB
  • Tulane
  • Fresno St.
  • Toledo
  • Texas
  • Arizona
  • BYU
  • Florida
  • South Alabama
  • Memphis
  • App State
  • Boise St.
  • Duke
  • Baylor
  • Purdue
  • Louisville
  • Pittsburgh
  • Coastal Carolina
  • Oklahoma St.
  • Maryland
  • Penn St.
  • Marshall
  • Air Force
  • Notre Dame
  • Oregon St.
  • Minnesota
  • Liberty
  • Troy
  • Kent St.
  • Georgia St.
  • James Madison
  • Tulsa
  • Fla. Atlantic
  • South Carolina
  • Buffalo
  • Syracuse
  • Rice
  • Middle Tenn.
  • Cincinnati
  • West Virginia
  • Missouri
  • Eastern Mich.
  • Louisiana
  • Wisconsin
  • Mississippi St.
  • Louisiana Tech
  • South Fla.
  • Washington St.
  • Arizona St.
  • Charlotte
  • Illinois
  • UTEP
  • Ball St.
  • Utah St.
  • Auburn
  • Southern Miss.
  • NIU
  • Akron
  • Hawaii
  • Iowa St.
  • San Jose St.
  • NC State
  • Central Mich.
  • Miami (FL)
  • Army West Point
  • California
  • Stanford
  • Bowling Green
  • Texas A&M
  • New Mexico St.
  • Michigan St.
  • UNLV
  • San Diego St.
  • Kentucky
  • Temple
  • Vanderbilt
  • Wyoming
  • Old Dominion
  • Northwestern
  • Miami (OH)
  • UConn
  • Indiana
  • Navy
  • ULM
  • Texas St.
  • Georgia Tech
  • FIU
  • Arkansas St.
  • Boston College
  • Nevada
  • Western Mich.
  • Virginia Tech
  • Virginia
  • Colorado St.
  • Rutgers
  • Colorado
  • Iowa
  • Massachusetts
  • New Mexico

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
On 1/1/2023 at 8:56 AM, Mavric said:

Happy New Year!

If I recall correctly, the previous play was almost a safety, and Armstrong barely got the ball out of the end zone.

I believe this is the longest play from scrimmage in the history of football, because the ball could not be spotted any closer to the goal line. 

• Oh Yeah! 1

4 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Do you think schools in Nebraska’s bordering states want NU to get better? No, they don’t. They want NU to keep sucking so they can come in and recruits the Nebraska high school players for their own schools. I sure as heck am not rooting for any of those schools on Saturdays. 

Rooting for your conference rivals are what losing teams do to “prop up” themselves because their own team sucks so bad. 

Yes, they do. They say it all the time on r/CFB.

2 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

If I recall correctly, the previous play was almost a safety, and Armstrong barely got the ball out of the end zone.

I believe this is the longest play from scrimmage in the history of football, because the ball could not be spotted any closer to the goal line. 

Goddamn that clip needs to be cut at 0:25 before that D bag Ed chirps in. Glad he's not calling games anymore.

6 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

It’s not bad at all. I applaud it. “Rooting for your conference” is dumb. If anything you should root against your conference rivals. The better they look, the more attractive they are to recruits, and that keeps recruits away from Nebraska. I have one rule for college football, and that’s I only root for Nebraska. Everyone else can eff themselves. 

6 hours ago, knapplc said:

507862f5-0e02-48c5-8a87-c04258790389_tex

• Haha 2