*** Husker FB Misc Topic bullsh#t Thread ***

1 minute ago, Gage County said:

It was a gift. Why would it be weird to buy Husker memorabilia?

To me, a championship ring isn't Husker memorabilia.  It's not like a jersey, or helmet, or signed football,  A championship ring is a reward for being part of a championship team.  You didn't :"earn" that ring, so I just think it's weird to buy a championship ring.

• Plus1 4
  • TBH 1
9 minutes ago, Gage County said:

So what should I do with it since I didn't earn it?

I guess you can put it on display in your home, but it's especially weird if you are wearing a championship ring, for a team which you had no part of, out in public.  You may think it's perfectly normal, but I think most people would agree with me.  In fact, most players who earn championship rings keep them in a random box in a desk at home, and some of them end up selling them if they are in need of cash.

If you are wearing it out in public, you are doing it to draw attention to yourself.  So, when someone asks you "hey man, cool ring, were you on the '95 team?" you have 2 choices. You can be honest, which draws questions of "why do you have that ring then?", or you can lie, which makes you look like a bigger d-bag.

• Plus1 5
7 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I guess you can put it on display in your home, but it's especially weird if you are wearing a championship ring, for a team which you had no part of, out in public.  You may think it's perfectly normal, but I think most people would agree with me.  In fact, most players who earn championship rings keep them in a random box in a desk at home, and some of them end up selling them if they are in need of cash.

You certainly have some strong opinions!

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fire 1

2 minutes ago, Gage County said:

You certainly have some strong opinions!

I just think it's weird to have something which is given to OTHER people as a "reward".  Do you go around collecting bonus checks or trophies which aren't yours, too?  Do you wear a Masters green jacket to church on Sunday?

• Plus1 3

10 hours ago, Red Five said:

So whose ring is it?  Don't they have a name/number etched into them?  Or wasn't that a thing in 1995?

It's my ring! It was my Uncle Shot's. He was Assistant Athletic Director for HuskerVision when he retired 2018. I've been asking him for it since he first showed it to me some 27 years ago. He's got 94 and 97 NC rings, and all the conference championships rings from 94 on. The 95 ring rocks like sweet awesome. Now I'm hounding him for the other 2.

9FjI8dU.jpg

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 4

Th1cc Ten? This guy made a bunch of AI-generated versions of Big Ten mascots.

FvKbP9nXwAMf6Fl?format=jpg&name=mediumFvKa_-9WcAAyszS?format=jpg&name=medium

Button nipples? Button nipples.

FvKas4MXoAQdQh6?format=jpg&name=mediumFvKZaFGWwAUf1jb?format=jpg&name=mediumFvKbcn3XoAMyRXt?format=jpg&name=mediumFvKbeaFWwAIzJWr?format=jpg&name=mediumFvKbgFEWcAIzvBY?format=jpg&name=mediumFvKbiiQXsAIEZcJ?format=jpg&name=mediumFvKbqLWXsAELZ_t?format=jpg&name=mediumFvKbrwcXgAE1ejd?format=jpg&name=medium

What is he packing there, exactly?

FvKbtcHWIAIhdxz?format=jpg&name=mediumFvKbu5PWIAI00P3?format=jpg&name=mediumFvKczYUWcAAPAdw?format=jpg&name=mediumFvKc0gLWwAEoBjq?format=jpg&name=mediumFvK7VXTXgAIYHj7?format=jpg&name=mediumFvK7WCRXsAAAjqw?format=jpg&name=medium

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 2