*** Husker FB Misc Topic bullsh#t Thread ***

I still feel like Hickman would probably be better off transferring. He's got talent, but it seems like he just can't find the right position fit in this offense, and will probably end up buried on the depth chart whatever position he ends up at.

1 hour ago, Wordek said:

https://247sports.com/college/nebraska/Season/2022-Football/ScholarshipDistribution/

Seems like Hickman and Betts both got moved along a year on the 24/7 scholarship distribution page. Wouldn’t it make sense to keep them as a freshman and sophomore respectively though? 

Also is their a possibility 2AM returns for a 5th year? 

Yeah, someone got that screwed up.  Hickman should be a RS-Frosh.  Betts should still be a true Frosh.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Toe said:

I still feel like Hickman would probably be better off transferring. He's got talent, but it seems like he just can't find the right position fit in this offense, and will probably end up buried on the depth chart whatever position he ends up at.

I just think when they did use him they were not calling the correct plays.  If I remember correctly they used him on at least 2 jet sweeps.  He doesn't really have the speed for that and if you are just hoping to catch the other team off guard that's wishful thinking.  Just let him run routes and use the speed he does have.  If Stoll, Allen, and Vokalek can get open I'm sure he can.  

• Plus1 2
16 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

I just think when they did use him they were not calling the correct plays.  If I remember correctly they used him on at least 2 jet sweeps.  He doesn't really have the speed for that and if you are just hoping to catch the other team off guard that's wishful thinking.  Just let him run routes and use the speed he does have.  If Stoll, Allen, and Vokalek can get open I'm sure he can.  

You are not remembering correctly.  He did not have any carries last year.  The only time he got the ball was on the shovel pass down by the goal line.

• Plus1 1

On 4/9/2021 at 12:10 PM, Toe said:

Hickman should be used the same way as Fidone will be; as a flexed out TE. Keep guys like Vokolek, Stoll and Allen in-line and get Fidone and Hickman some mismatches in the open field. 

• Plus1 1
28 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

Hickman should be used the same way as Fidone will be; as a flexed out TE. Keep guys like Vokolek, Stoll and Allen in-line and get Fidone and Hickman some mismatches in the open field. 

Yep, you get a LB/Hybrid in coverage beat them vertically and if you get a nickel corner/safety box them out.

• Fire 1

On 4/16/2021 at 9:53 AM, NebraskaBison said:

I had a dream last night that we were playing the Oklahoma game. It was knotted up at 17-27 for a while before I checked the final score to see Oklahoma won 44-24. I think I would be okay with that result. 

I have a couple questions off the bat...

1) How was the game knotted up?

2) What was your dream primarily about? The way you tell it, you were just checking in with the score when you got a free moment. 

• Plus1 2
22 minutes ago, Jason Sitoke said:

I have a couple questions off the bat...

1) How was the game knotted up?

2) What was your dream primarily about? The way you tell it, you were just checking in with the score when you got a free moment. 

1) That's me being an idiot.

2) Yeah, I don't know. I might have been too afraid to watch, like in real life sometimes.