*** Husker FB Misc Topic bullsh#t Thread ***

2 hours ago, Nebraska55fan said:

Alls that matters is QB has to be behind the LOS

Yes.  I realize that.  Not sure why you feel the need to explain the basics of football.

Like I said, he was past the line of scrimmage.  That's why it matters if the pitch was forward.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

You know not to go too tin foil hate but they were super quick to initiate that review in the MSU game where it was a pretty clear legal lateral by Martinez. I feel like we rarely get a play reviewed and if we do it takes until the last possible second. 

Agreed. It was super frustrating.

I guess it can viewed as a free timeout for us (but also for the defense).

7 minutes ago, NebraskaHarry said:

How embarrassing for those refs to not understand the rules of football given that it's their job.

What rule didn't they understand? The quarterback was beyond the line of scrimmage and the ball moved forward. The ball leave's Logan's hand at the 11, and the pitch man catches it close to the 10.

4 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

What rule didn't they understand? The quarterback was beyond the line of scrimmage and the ball moved forward. The ball leave's Logan's hand at the 11, and the pitch man catches it close to the 10.

Eh, I'm not sure it's really all that clear.  If it's straight down the yard line it should have been legal.  I don't think there's a clear enough shot to show if it's forward or not.

All I know is the official was reaching for his flag while the ball is in the air.  So he pretty much decided it was illegal as soon as he started to pitch it.  Which seems ... not right.

• Plus1 2

22 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Eh, I'm not sure it's really all that clear.  If it's straight down the yard line it should have been legal.  I don't think there's a clear enough shot to show if it's forward or not.

All I know is the official was reaching for his flag while the ball is in the air.  So he pretty much decided it was illegal as soon as he started to pitch it.  Which seems ... not right.

We don't have a camera directly down the line, but I don't think we need it.

QZMgmOD.jpg

BQoGdwU.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
21 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Someone needs to learn about parallax error

The lines I mocked up only serve to support what you can clearly see with your eyes in motion that the ball did not travel backwards or even straight sideways. This view had virtually no camera movement at all, and while it's not fool proof on its own the body of evidence from all available sources is. I spliced the pitch man receiving into the corner, and unless the ball changed drastically in height off the ground, it clearly moved forward.

f1dpimQ.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
56 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

The lines I mocked up only serve to support what you can clearly see with your eyes in motion that the ball did not travel backwards or even straight sideways. This view had virtually no camera movement at all, and while it's not fool proof on its own the body of evidence from all available sources is. I spliced the pitch man receiving into the corner, and unless the ball changed drastically in height off the ground, it clearly moved forward.

"Drastically" is open to interpretation but the QB pitching the ball from slightly below shoulder height and the RB catching it at roughly eye-level seems to be a noticeable change in height.