*** Husker FB Misc Topic bullsh#t Thread ***

Spoiler

big year for frost, it took couple years to build our winning mindset.. Just needs one more power player on OLine and were set. he proves himself and nebraska shows WI who is real big red. we lost all games by 9 or less even to OSU so the improvement every year and new winning mentality and abolishing mistakes will push us over the edge in winning games. Neb could becomes the power behind the B1GW

I get that a LOT of Husker fans are afraid to get their hopes up this year. I believe that there is Optimism, Pessimism, and Realism. The Reality isn't proven until game day, so before then we just have our "takes" and they will each fall somewhere on the Optimist/Pessimist/Realist spectrum.

All along, I've thought that Frost needed to understand that football (especially Big Ten football) starts with the OL and DL. And that Special Teams can make or break a game. I feel like significant things have changed (for the better) going into this season.

Coaching Upgrades (NO QUESTION): Mickey Joseph (WR) , Major Applewhite (RB), Mark Whipple (OC and Head Coach Whisperer).
Hopefully coaching upgrades: Bill Busch (Special Teams Coordinator), & Donovan Raiola (OL).

Significant Transfer Players inbound: 247Sports puts Nebraska at No. 6 in the Top 10 2022 Transfer Classes. If our Defense doesn't take a step back, I think improvements on Offense and Special Teams can't help but put us in Bowl-bound territory this year. I'm pretty confident of 7 wins (realistic) and hopeful for 8 or more (optimistic).

This quote is by the Kansas City Chiefs TE Travis Kelce, but I think it speaks to any football team that is willing to morph it's personnel and identity. I would like for this to be a quote we are using for the Cornhuskers this season:

O8Wx7rU.jpg

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

20 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I wonder if there was as much freaking out about Sean Applegate playing as there is about Brody Belt playing...

Answer:  no.  Fans like walkons.  It’s just the few on these sites that seem to have such hissy fits.   Because a walkon wins the job, the scholarship guys must be awful theses days.  Brody Belt is a very good fb player.   Is he All Big Ten ?   No. Can he help this team win?  Certainly.  I kinda wish they would give more equal billing in the walkons.  Include them in ‘the recruiting class’, for example.  

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

Answer:  no.  Fans like walkons.  It’s just the few on these sites that seem to have such hissy fits.   Because a walkon wins the job, the scholarship guys must be awful theses days.  Brody Belt is a very good fb player.   Is he All Big Ten ?   No. Can he help this team win?  Certainly.  I kinda wish they would give more equal billing in the walkons.  Include them in ‘the recruiting class’, for example.  

Consistency and reliability is not as sexy as hype stars given to athletic monsters who just aren’t that good fundamentally speaking. 

2 hours ago, Mavric said:

I wonder if there was as much freaking out about Sean Applegate playing as there is about Brody Belt playing...

2 hours ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

9 minutes ago, Savage Husker said:

Consistency and reliability is not as sexy as hype stars given to athletic monsters who just aren’t that good fundamentally speaking. 

Walkons in the 90s who wanted to be at the best program in the land are not created equally to the 2022 versions walking on at the 11th best program in the Big Ten. Applegate would be going somewhere on a scholarship today.  It's also extremely different to have a walkon playing with a bunch of really good players and contributing a bit versus trying to have them be the main producers because no one else on the team is getting it done.  This argument is so tired,  just like all you old fogeys! :lol:

52 minutes ago, runningblind said:

Walkons in the 90s who wanted to be at the best program in the land are not created equally to the 2022 versions walking on at the 11th best program in the Big Ten. Applegate would be going somewhere on a scholarship today.  It's also extremely different to have a walkon playing with a bunch of really good players and contributing a bit versus trying to have them be the main producers because no one else on the team is getting it done.  This argument is so tired,  just like all you old fogeys! :lol:

Which hasn't happened, isn't happening and won't happen.

But it's fun to try to make things up so things sound bad.

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, runningblind said:

I’m talking specifically about the whining over guys like Manning on the sideline while a walkon is on the field.