*** Husker FB Misc Topic bullsh#t Thread ***

36 minutes ago, Mavric said:

bUt tHiS waS aN iLLegAl fOrMaTiOn!!@! :ahhhhhhhh

Heard that from a few people. It was, but also who cares. And I never saw if the receivers checked with the ref, a lot of times the refs don't care enough to actually make the receivers get in position and just make sure the right number of them check that they are on/off the line of scrimmage.

3 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

bUt tHiS waS aN iLLegAl fOrMaTiOn!!@! :ahhhhhhhh

Heard that from a few people. It was, but also who cares. And I never saw if the receivers checked with the ref, a lot of times the refs don't care enough to actually make the receivers get in position and just make sure the right number of them check that they are on/off the line of scrimmage.

A) It was an illegal formation.

B) If you believe one the WRs was supposed to be on the line, then it should be ineligible man downfield.

14 minutes ago, Red Five said:

B) If you believe one the WRs was supposed to be on the line, then it should be ineligible man downfield.

You are correct.

I assume the outside WR was supposed to be inside and on the line because it doesn't appear that he goes downfield and then we would have been OK.

14 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Yeah, but we needed a break. The outside two were supposed to be on the line - farthest outside seems to think he was ineligible since he only went ~1 yard downfield. If you go frame by frame the slot who was on the line is maybe a hair past 3 yards out when the ball is released and does a good job letting the DB hit him, he doesn't initiate contact. He's also moving forward, so it looks worse in full speed because he's more like 5 yards out when it's caught.

I know it was an illegal formation, but what bothered me is the whiners insisted that's the only reason the play worked. Maybe they align differently if they know the slot isn't a receiver, but Allen was clearly off the line and an eligible receiver. It's embarrassing for refs to miss an alignment penalty but they miss worse things.