*** Husker FB Misc Topic bullsh#t Thread ***

21 hours ago, Mavric said:

I was only about 20 yards away from Crouch at one point during this play.

Then I was about 130 yards away.  :koolaid2:

That reminds me of a game I was at, UCLA v NU in 2012. Taylor Martinez had a 92 yard touchdown run in the first quarter that came right to where we were sitting.

In the fourth quarter, backed up inside the 10 again, they saw an opportunity to run the same play, but a missed block turned a 96 yard touchdown into a safety.  One play could have been two very different games. 

That was the post-injury Martinez, but he had some incredible runs that season. Only thing that comes close to this Eric Crouch TD is Taylor's crazy escape dash against Wisconsin in the CCG. I like Crouch's because it had a happy ending. 

https://www.google.com/search?q=nebraska+vs+ucla+2012&oq=Nebraska+vs+UCLA+&aqs=chrome.2.69i57j0i512l6j0i22i30i625l3.9679j1j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:3ac95061,vid:F-8dSr36vRc

• Plus1 1
On 2/21/2023 at 12:21 PM, Guy Chamberlin said:

That reminds me of a game I was at, UCLA v NU in 2012. Taylor Martinez had a 92 yard touchdown run in the first quarter that came right to where we were sitting.

In the fourth quarter, backed up inside the 10 again, they saw an opportunity to run the same play, but a missed block turned a 96 yard touchdown into a safety.  One play could have been two very different games. 

That was the post-injury Martinez, but he had some incredible runs that season. Only thing that comes close to this Eric Crouch TD is Taylor's crazy escape dash against Wisconsin in the CCG. I like Crouch's because it had a happy ending. 

https://www.google.com/search?q=nebraska+vs+ucla+2012&oq=Nebraska+vs+UCLA+&aqs=chrome.2.69i57j0i512l6j0i22i30i625l3.9679j1j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:3ac95061,vid:F-8dSr36vRc

Boy, we don't know how good we had it then.  TM, AA, Rex, Bell, etc  Oh, to be 9-4 or even 10-3 again. 

• Fire 1
  • TBH 1

35 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

FqQ6M0JXoAAxwQv?format=jpg&name=large

Gosh that was such an awesome block. He could have made it more vicious if he wanted, but let up. No longer need to coach kids to keep their head on a swivel after that hit.

Gives me flashbacks to soph year HS as a 5’4 120lb safety on scout team when our 6’4 275lb OT blindsided me on a reverse. Lifted me off the ground, mouthpiece spit out, and wind knocked out lol. Never anticipated an OL getting to the safety level before the WR/ball carrier turned the corner upfield. 

9 hours ago, TGHusker said:

The Greatest 2 minutes of Nebraska football

My first thought when I saw that Conor was walking on was his Dad's reaction after sacking Costa. 

Dammit, that got me all fired up! Now I am going to have to watch the ‘95 Orange Bowl all over again tonight. Don’t wait up for me tonight honey, I am high on red koolaid!!! 

On 3/3/2023 at 9:14 PM, caveman99 said:

Dammit, that got me all fired up! Now I am going to have to watch the ‘95 Orange Bowl all over again tonight. Don’t wait up for me tonight honey, I am high on red koolaid!!! 

For us old guys, that video, that game was like a huge cleansing of the soul - a baptism of red kool-aid. :koolaid2:

It never gets old watching it.  

2 hours ago, TGHusker said:

For us old guys, that video, that game was like a huge cleansing of the soul - a baptism of red kool-aid. :koolaid2:

It never gets old watching it.  

Especially after Byron Bennett’s missed FG with 1 second left in the 1994 Orange Bowl that cost us a National Championship the prior year. That ranked right up there with the 1984 OB loss on the missed 2 pt. conversion. Two gut punches that still are painful. But the '94, '95 & '97 seasons sure made a lot of that pain go away.

• Oh Yeah! 1