Biggest Game of the Year?

Most important game in 2020.  

41 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think it will be downplayed, but to me the Purdue game is the biggest in 2020. With SDSU being ranked FCS preseason #2, Cincinnati being close to top 25 and the way the last two years have gone, it's critical to get off to a fast start.  Having a hiccup and dropping a game or 2 in September with the last 5 games being all against top 15 teams from last year's AP top 25 could be disastrous.  The psyche of the team and the fanbase needs a nice opening W.

What do you all think?

• Plus1 6
  • Fire 1

12 minutes ago, runningblind said:

I think it will be downplayed, but to me the Purdue game is the biggest in 2020. With SDSU being ranked FCS preseason #2, Cincinnati being close to top 25 and the way the last two years have gone, it's critical to get off to a fast start.  Having a hiccup and dropping a game or 2 in September with the last 5 games being all against top 15 teams from last year's AP top 25 could be disastrous.  The psyche of the team and the fanbase needs a nice opening W.

What do you all think?

I agree 100%.  WE GOT TO START STRONG.  After the last 2 years and 4 out of the last 5 - we have no right to take anyone for granted on our schedule - not Rutgers, Ill, SDSU, or Central Michigan.  And esp not a Big 10 rival who would love to dump us on our own turf on our first game.  Got to win it.  Then the next Biggest game is Central Mich, then SDSU, then Cinci, etc 

• Plus1 1

Ohio State.  The best indicator as to if this team can show true signs of improvement or not imo is by seeing what you can do against the best.  Honestly though it's only year 3 in SF's tenure so for me the number one goal of this team should be improving on last year's 5-7 record and then playing better more consistently which goes hand in hand obviously if you're going to improve.

Put me in the Purdue camp as well.  A strong offensive output to kick the start season would be great.  Also, frankly the thought of a Diaco led defense shutting down Nebraska would be incredibly hard for me to stomach and will instantly sour me for the rest of the season.

• Plus1 3

I think Purdue is huge because we need a fast start, but I have fear of another slow start due to how young we still are soI voted Iowa, that’s a game the last two years we have been in a position to win and just haven’t been able to finish, a win over them late in the year to me is a huge sign of progression.

• Plus1 2

Another interesting thing to look at moving forward is attendance at games.  If the attendance is limited then it is a heck of a year to have a tough road schedule @tOSU, @Iowa, and @wiscy.  You would think that would negate some of the home field advantage.  Wonder how Vegas will treat home field advantage?

• Plus1 4

1 hour ago, swmohusker said:

Another interesting thing to look at moving forward is attendance at games.  If the attendance is limited then it is a heck of a year to have a tough road schedule @tOSU, @Iowa, and @wiscy.  You would think that would negate some of the home field advantage.  Wonder how Vegas will treat home field advantage?

I hadn't really given this much thought but I think you are right.  Communication on the field will be almost equal for both teams at most locations if attendance is reduced by 50%+.  Will stadiums create artificial sound?  

2 hours ago, swmohusker said:

I hadn't thought of that until just now.  I would think Vegas will end up shaving a point off the usual 3 you get for home field.    

On 5/28/2020 at 1:36 PM, runningblind said:

What do you all think?

Agree.  Purdoo.

SLIGHT chance, 100:1, 7W and 0L start. 

BTW, 2016 MR, 7W and 0L until Madison game (O.T. loss)