The George Floyd/Black Lives Matter protests and police conduct

13 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I have hit someone in the eye with a nut...they didn't have to go to the hospital but...we don't talk anymore. 

Keep your sex stories in the appropriate thread in the 'Shed, please. 

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Maybe it's just iphones? It sounded like the amber alert tone.

I saw a tweet about it...but nothing else.  Maybe your provider?  I have Verizon.

Anyway...my buddy drove by 72nd and Dodge this morning...he said it looked terrible.

5 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I saw a tweet about it...but nothing else.  Maybe your provider?  I have Verizon.

Anyway...my buddy drove by 72nd and Dodge this morning...he said it looked terrible.

Ya I have Verizon too. Maybe there's a way to turn it off or maybe it's my proximity to 72nd and Dodge. I'm not super far from there.

This reporter guy on MSNBC is a whiner. He got hit in the knee with a rubber bullet. Says police just pulled in, unprovoked, and started firing teargas and rubber bullets. Hello numbnuts, there was an 8pm curfew in Minneapolis Which was about an hour ago. WTH are you still doing on the street?

• Plus1 1
9 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

This reporter guy on MSNBC is a whiner. He got hit in the knee with a rubber bullet. Says police just pulled in, unprovoked, and started firing teargas and rubber bullets. Hello numbnuts, there was an 8pm curfew in Minneapolis Which was about an hour ago. WTH are you still doing on the street?

I think we still need reporters there documenting this stuff. But maybe not being surprised when the police try to disperse a crowd.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I think we still need reporters there documenting this stuff. But maybe not being surprised when the police try to disperse a crowd.

I agree, they should be there covering it. But maybe don't be so indignant about it when they're right in the middle of things and they e been warned it's coming. Whiner guy had to mention how out of line the police were in every other sentence since he took a little gas and got hit with a rubber bullet.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
4 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I agree, they should be there covering it. But maybe don't be so indignant about it when they're right in the middle of things and they e been warned it's coming. Whiner guy had to mention how out of line the police were in every other sentence since he took a little gas and got hit with a rubber bullet.

Yep...common sense.  Use it.

47 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

His job? 

• Plus1 1