The George Floyd/Black Lives Matter protests and police conduct

20 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Some dude brought a bow in Salt Lake...

It did not end well.

You mean this white dude that drew a (medieval) weapon on people?

I suppose getting beat up should be enough but it kinda adds to the point of the protests

• Plus1 2

Just now, Cdog923 said:

His job? 

Great...then don't b!^@h about it.

Just now, GSG said:

You mean this white dude that drew a (medieval) weapon on people?

I suppose getting beat up should be enough but it kinda adds to the point of the protests

That shirt alone should get him a beating!  Ha

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

Hahaha...look...you just know this dork has played it out 1000 times in his head...how he was going to use that bow to kill people...He was (in his mind) Rambo...and then he gets his chance...and gets beat down like a punk...Hahah!

2 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

Indiscriminately getting shot by police isn't part of his job. 

Exactly...should we brainstorm how he could avoid that?

His job is to report the news...not make it.

• Plus1 1

7 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I agree, they should be there covering it. But maybe don't be so indignant about it when they're right in the middle of things and they e been warned it's coming. Whiner guy had to mention how out of line the police were in every other sentence since he took a little gas and got hit with a rubber bullet.

I wonder how many reporters are now going to push the boundaries and try to get the police to react to them so they can play the victim.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, teachercd said:

Hahaha...look...you just know this dork has played it out 1000 times in his head...how he was going to use that bow to kill people...He was (in his mind) Rambo...and then he gets his chance...and gets beat down like a punk...Hahah!

The chaser: 

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, GSG said:

I can’t even imagine how bad one of those would hurt.  My understanding is It’s basically just a rubber 40 cal bullet. I assume packed with a much lighter load but still, that things gonna leave a large bruise for a long time.

6 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I can’t even imagine how bad one of those would hurt.  My understanding is It’s basically just a rubber 40 cal bullet. I assume packed with a much lighter load but still, that things gonna leave a large bruise for a long time.

I think they should use rubber bullets that hurt (and explode in blood red), I think that would have more of an impact.

I think it was Israel that years ago had did a study on blood and the impact on troops...it was interesting.

5 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

Indiscriminately getting shot by police isn't part of his job. 

Unfortunately it is part of his job. Not much difference between reporting from a war zone or an in progress riot. And it wasn’t indiscriminate. There were how many warnings that the curfew would be enforced and that law enforcement was going to be much more aggressive in dispersing crowds and preventing vandalism and looting. It’s unfortunate for the guy but I think it’s uncalled for him to incessantly complain about the police on national TV after getting caught in the wrong place. He knew (or should’ve known) the risks of performing his job.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1