The George Floyd/Black Lives Matter protests and police conduct

4 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

Those posts may come back to bite him (Gardner) if there were ever a civil wrongful death suit, correct?

Yes, a wrongful death suit would be totally different story.  They would also bring up the fact that Gardner was out in front of his club with a gun, as if he was enticing confrontation from the protesters/rioters.  The enticement aspect is much more difficult to prove in a criminal court.

6 hours ago, ZRod said:

You want peaceful protests, but MLK was murdered. Ali was put in Jail. Rodney King was beat. Countless black men have been killed, jailed, and beaten since. White men and women too! You want peaceful protests, but when an NFL QB peacefully takes a knee we are outrage and don't want to listen. It's ruining our Sunday tradition. You want peaceful protests, but you don't want to have to pay attention to them. You don't want to have to care. You don't want to change.

I was under the assumption we all wanted peaceful protests?  If you don't, explain why.

I don't what change?  I'm afraid you're going to have you explain where you're getting your information from.

Just because I'm appalled by these horrific unjustified acts of violence doesn't mean I don't want change.

43 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I was under the assumption we all wanted peaceful protests?  If you don't, explain why.

I don't what change?  I'm afraid you're going to have you explain where you're getting your information from.

Just because I'm appalled by these horrific unjustified acts of violence doesn't mean I don't want change.

The last paragraph is a generic you. I don't condone the violence, but I understand it. Like the JFK quote says this was inevitable. We'll grow from this and hopefully learn from it.

There are so many people, like yourself, trying to compare what a bunch of white people did because they were inconvenienced for a month to what a bunch of people of color are doing because they have been targeted their entire life. It's not the same thing. At all.

• Plus1 2

19 minutes ago, ZRod said:

The last paragraph is a generic you. I don't condone the violence, but I understand it. Like the JFK quote says this was inevitable. We'll grow from this and hopefully learn from it.

There are so many people, like yourself, trying to compare what a bunch of white people did because they were inconvenienced for a month to what a bunch of people of color are doing because they have been targeted their entire life. It's not the same thing. At all.

You don't condone the violence while trying to justify the violence.  Everyone has a right to peacefully assemble for any reason.  This isn't that.  At all.

I wasn't making the comparison.   I was commenting on the absurdity of it.

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

You don't condone the violence while trying to justify the violence.  Everyone has a right to peacefully assemble for any reason.  This isn't that.  At all.

You seem to be saying there's never a justification for violence.

5 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Well, see, in 1776 these one guys took up arms against their oppressors. Some thought it was a good idea to resort to violence. Others didn't. Turned out OK.

So therefore this mass destruction is justified? I don't follow.

Target is the British empire in this analogy?