The George Floyd/Black Lives Matter protests and police conduct

If 2020 was a James Bond movie, we would soon be approaching the point in which 007 fights through Trump's army of hired goons, kills William Barr in hilarious fashion, finds the cure to the coronavirus hidden in Trump's desk along with the mind-control ray that he uses on cops and evangelicals, and then blows up Trump's limo as he tries to escape. Then he sleeps with Melania. 

Please, save us Bond. The Americans need help once again.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
On 6/2/2020 at 7:25 AM, QMany said:

Another thing a lot of people don't understand is the brutal power held by police unions, Fraternal Order of Police, federations, etc. 

For just one example, here is Minneapolis police union president Lt. Bob Kroll:

The politicians are to blame and you are the scapegoats...

I've worked with other police leaders from New York to Las Vegas to push our messaging on a national level. What is not being told is the violent criminal history of George Floyd. The media will not air this. I've worked with our four defense attorneys that are representing each of our four terminated individuals under criminal investigation, in addition with our labor attorneys to fight for their jobs. They were terminated without due process.

In closing I want you to know that your board is working hard on your behalf...

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT PEOPLE ARE PROTESTING: lack of accountability, protecting their own instead of the public, etc.

... and now NY enters the ring:

"I know you are being held back... Help is coming and we will win this war on New York City."

Nothing about their vehicles ramming, horses trampling, or officers brutally beating peaceful protestors, etc. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

Trump takes advantage of everyone including his own DOD secretary. 

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white-house/trump-s-church-photo-op-took-defense-secretary-esper-gen-n1222391

Defense Secretary Mark Esper says he was given no notice before President Donald Trump led him and other senior administration officials to St. John's Episcopal Church for a widely criticized photo opportunity.

"I thought I was going to do two things: to see some damage and to talk to the troops," Esper said Tuesday night in an exclusive interview with NBC News.

Esper said he believed they were going to observe the vandalized bathroom in Lafayette Square, which is near the church.

"I didn't know where I was going," Esper said. "I wanted to see how much damage actually happened."

A Pentagon spokesman later told NBC News that Esper was aware the church was one of the locations where he would be viewing damage. The spokesman reiterated that Esper didn't know the president was going to use it as a photo opportunity.

6 minutes ago, QMany said:

I see Amy is trying to get back some of her VP street cred back.  Too bad the guy's past is inappropriately linked to her time as a DA.   I would like her as VP but perhaps not as diverse from Biden as voters may want.   

8 minutes ago, QMany said:

Don't quote me, but I believe upping Chauvin's charges to 2nd Degree then allows them to charge the other three for aiding and abetting the 2nd Degree actions. 

Should've done this in the first place. I mean, what other evidence did they get to change their minds?

It's good that they made the decision to do this, but it shouldn't have taken protests to come to it.

• Plus1 1