The George Floyd/Black Lives Matter protests and police conduct

Trump just deployed tear gas, rubber bullets, and flash bangs  on a peaceful protest to get a photo holding a bible in front of a church. 

How do people still defend this Administration!?! He is a racist monster trampling on the Constitution. 

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1

56 minutes ago, The Dude said:

You don't condone the violence while trying to justify the violence.  Everyone has a right to peacefully assemble for any reason.  This isn't that.  At all.

I wasn't making the comparison.   I was commenting on the absurdity of it.

How am I trying to justify it? I said I understand why it's happening, and given the circumstances I think it was inevitable. Its a spark on dry kindling, we know what the outcome will be, but I never said it was right.

You said the following

On 5/31/2020 at 6:38 AM, The Dude said:

I keep seeing comparisons to the lockdown protests, but there's kind of a gigantic difference between peaceful protests and mass civil unrest.  Stop conflating the two.

On 5/31/2020 at 6:47 AM, The Dude said:

Plus in terms of, ya know, spreading that deadly virus going around, these idiots are several orders of magnitude more idiotic than those spring breakers minding their own business.

On 5/31/2020 at 1:56 PM, The Dude said:

Yep, and the lockdowns ended pretty quickly after the actual peaceful protests 

I'm commenting on the absurdity of trying to compare the style of civil disobedience (which I think you are doing, no?). The protests seem to have started out peaceful, but have been hijack by thugs who don't actually care about the message. There are multiple videos of random white dudes starting to destroy property who do not seem to have any affiliation with the protests. Some have been handed over to police. There are also some in the African American community who are taking advantage of the situation as well and are beating store owners and looting. But I would say the overwhelming majority do not support those actions.

The situations are drastically different. Maybe I'm off base but... you seem to have your mind made up because you're even commenting on the spread of COVID in both events. The overwhelming majority of protestors the last week have been wearing masks, which was not the case at any COVID rally. You're also saying that their peaceful protests of COVID ended the lock down, which is not true. Further more these protestor over the past week did not bring firearms en mass to the events.