The George Floyd/Black Lives Matter protests and police conduct

Something I keep forgetting on pretty much a daily basis:

The protests are more peaceful than the conditions that lead to them. Even with the destruction, the protests are more peaceful. The destruction of the climate isn't all localized in one time/place, the way you see with buildings burning, but they're not the ones disturbing the peace. The peace never existed in the first place. Only the illusion of it.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
7 minutes ago, Swiv3D said:

She would have a point if she was actually enforcing the curfew right now (9:25 ct as I post this), but she's not.

Are you seriously saying that her method of enforcing the curfew is worse than what happened to the peaceful protesters?

Put aside your bias and think about this. What should free citizens in a democracy have the right to do?

• Plus1 2
8 minutes ago, Swiv3D said:
58 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

She would have a point if she was actually enforcing the curfew right now (9:25 ct as I post this), but she's not.

Are you condoning or rationalizing firing on legal peaceful protestors!?!

• Plus1 3

13 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Are you seriously saying that her method of enforcing the curfew is worse than what happened to the peaceful protesters?

Put aside your bias and think about this. What should free citizens in a democracy have the right to do?

Why are you assuming I'm biased in this post?

I never claimed Trump did the right thing. I'm just sick of politicians trying to show how less bad they are at their jobs by showing how they're not as bad as another politician. They're all failing and all lack leadership, not just Trump (who, I agree, is diplomatically failing hard). 

I don't have an answer, because the peaceful protests are a right that the country was founded on, and it promotes free thinking along with opportunities to grow and learn to create an even better place to live (such as continuing the fight to end racism).

My issue is in the hypocrisy of how politicians are handling the current issues and how it doesn't help anyone but the politicians (this goes for both parties). I live in Iowa, who has a curfew also but people were still protesting late last night in Urbandale without any repercussions. Luckily, as I said, they were just peacefully protesting by marching, which I'm all for, but then what's the point of the curfew? 

40 minutes ago, QMany said:

Are you condoning or rationalizing firing on legal peaceful protestors!?!

No

• Plus1 3
56 minutes ago, Swiv3D said:

Her point is that the President ordered violence against peaceful and lawful citizens exercising their rights. Full stop.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

Food for thought.

The Firestone and Ford tire controversy was a period of unusually high failures of P235/75R15 ATX, ATX II, and Wilderness AT Firestone tires installed on the Ford Explorer and other related vehicles.

The tire failures are linked to 271 fatalities and over eight hundred injuries in the United States with more injuries and fatalities occurring internationally,[1][2] it led Bridgestone/Firestone and Ford Motor Company to recall and replace 23 million tires, it cut the market value of Bridgestone/Firestone in half,[3] Firestone closed the Decatur, Illinois factory where the tires were manufactured, several executives in Bridgestone and Ford resigned or were fired, it led Congress to pass the TREAD Act,[4] and it brought an end to the nearly 100 year corporate relationship between Ford Motor Company and Firestone.

Here's something ALOT of people don't understand with officers being charged with crimes and why it sometimes takes longer. Many states have officer bills of rights that protect officers in cases of false claims or whatever. So it adds another layer to the charging process and has a tendency to slow things down. That doesn't mean the officer won't be charged for a crime eventually, but it just adds something else for prosecutors to work through. As far as the level of charge in this case, I don't agree with that, but I just read something SHOCKING! 

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/george-floyd-is-one-of-44-people-that-minneapolis-police-rendered-unconscious-with-neck-restraints-in-the-last-five-years-2020-06-01?siteid=yhoof2&yptr=yahoo

This could make things complicated....

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1