The George Floyd/Black Lives Matter protests and police conduct

17 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

I need some good cops to step up  in a bad way!  A lot of these clowns need to be thrown into the back of a police car, no need to go easy on 'em!  Rough 'em up a little!

I know there are many good police officers out there, but I'm losing faith in our policing efforts very quickly.  They might be good people, but they've been trained to do a bad job.  I know it's better than this, but the last several days have finally made this song make some sense to me.

ps: I of course don't think cops should be killed.  But this music video and song was recorded almost 30 years ago.  It might as well have been recorded last week.  This isn't a new issue.

• Plus1 1

On 6/2/2020 at 7:25 AM, QMany said:

Another thing a lot of people don't understand is the brutal power held by police unions, Fraternal Order of Police, federations, etc. 

Delaware Co., come on down:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Two highly respected careers have had a chance to shine over the past couple months and put a positive image on themselves in the community: healthcare workers and police officers. One of those two stepped up to the plate and were called heroes and one crumbled under the pressure and forever tarnished their image. You can see pro-police people turn on them in this very thread. Me being one of them. I wanted to be a cop most of my life but decided to go into healthcare instead. So glad I did. And it pisses me off to no end that the police are going after medics and healthcare workers: tearing down medic tents and shooting them with rubber bullets as they try and help people. f#&% them!

• Plus1 5
54 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

Two highly respected careers have had a chance to shine over the past couple months and put a positive image on themselves in the community: healthcare workers and police officers. One of those two stepped up to the plate and were called heroes and one crumbled under the pressure and forever tarnished their image. You can see pro-police people turn on them in this very thread. Me being one of them. I wanted to be a cop most of my life but decided to go into healthcare instead. So glad I did. And it pisses me off to no end that the police are going after medics and healthcare workers: tearing down medic tents and shooting them with rubber bullets as they try and help people. f#&% them!

Screen Shot 2020-06-06 at 7.18.13 AM.png

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, Frott Scost said:

I'm out! I've had enough of folks tearing me down in the process of all of this when I've attempted to explain some things. You're lumping us all together which makes you no better than the officers that aren't doing the job the way they should and profiling folks. Most of you would never pick up an app and try to change some things from inside police departments, but you'll Monday Morning QB and say "f#&% them" from behind your computer screens. 

Good luck everyone!  

• Thanks 1
18 minutes ago, BIGREDIOWAN said:

I'm out! I've had enough of folks tearing me down in the process of all of this when I've attempted to explain some things. You're lumping us all together which makes you no better than the officers that aren't doing the job the way they should and profiling folks. Most of you would never pick up an app and try to change some things from inside police departments, but you'll Monday Morning QB and say "f#&% them" from behind your computer screens. 

Good luck everyone!  

Yeah f#&% those police officers that are attacking medics and healthcare workers as they try and keep people safe! Just as you are taking it personally what I am saying, I am taking it personally what they are doing to people in my profession.

20 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

Yeah f#&% those police officers that are attacking medics and healthcare workers as they try and keep people safe! Just as you are taking it personally what I am saying, I am taking it personally what they are doing to people in my profession.

Sounds good, you're entitled to your opinion just like I am! Glad you went into healthcare too! Unlike you, I appreciate what you do! 

Should we now talk about the 100's of thousands of people who are killed every year from mistakes in the healthcare field or should we just ignore that while we're at it because it doesn't fit the narrative?

Oh here's what we could do! We could probably somehow spin that into the cops fault I suppose because we get blamed for everything anyways! Yeah that sounds better, let's do that!

The point is......I don't think all doctors are bad because of those mistakes because I'm more mature than that and know better. Seems like not everyone is capable of seperating the bad apples from the good ones from what I've seen in this very thread. ;)

• Thanks 1
18 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

You had to put up with this for a few weeks...imagine having to put up with this type of thing all your life because your black.  And mom and dad had to put up with it their entire lives.  And your grandparents their entire lives.

Actually I've been putting up with this for half my life as that's how long I've been a police officer. So don't try to make me feel bad and lecture me at this point. Here's a read for you if you can stop your cop hate rethoric for a few minutes. You probably won't read it though.....

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-myth-of-systemic-police-racism-11591119883?redirect=amp#click=https://t.co/6bMEddwaLp

And another one....

https://www.mikethecop.tv/be-careful-what-you-wish-for/

• Plus1 1
12 minutes ago, BIGREDIOWAN said:

Sounds good, you're entitled to your opinion just like I am! Glad you went into healthcare too! Unlike you, I appreciate what you do! 

Should we now talk about the 100's of thousands of people who are killed every year from mistakes in the healthcare field or should we just ignore that while we're at it because it doesn't fit the narrative?

Oh here's what we could do! We could probably somehow spin that into the cops fault I suppose because we get blamed for everything anyways! Yeah that sounds better, let's do that!

I don't think all doctors are bad because of those mistakes because I'm more mature than that and know better. Seems like not everyone is capable of seperating the bad apples from the good ones from what I've seen in this very thread. 

Yes, mistakes are made in the healthcare profession. Stuff happens during surgery. Wrong medication doses and wrong medications are given that harm and kill people. Those people usually end up losing their jobs and licenses, and in some cases, prosecuted. But the key word there is mistake. The videos I am seeing on social media are not mistakes. They are intentionally trying to hurt people. And I would go to HR in a heart beat if a nurse, xray texh or doctor were harming patients. I already did when an older doctor was exhibiting signs of dementia and it was getting dangerous for him to practice medicine. It was hard to do because he was the owner of the clinic but I had an obligation and a couple months later he was in a nursing home and couldnt even remember his kids names. Do good cops turn in bad cops? Doesnt look like thats the case over the last few weeks. 

• Thanks 1