The George Floyd/Black Lives Matter protests and police conduct

13 hours ago, teachercd said:

Good lord...were you homeschooled?  

lol

I can't tell you how many times I've seen people from my high school sharing memes on facebook about how they didn't teach us how to do file taxes and what-have-you in school and I'm just like, "I was in that class with you, they totally did".

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, The Dude said:

lol

I can't tell you how many times I've seen people from my high school sharing memes on facebook about how they didn't teach us how to do file taxes and what-have-you in school and I'm just like, "I was in that class with you, they totally did".

Instead of taking that 3rd study hall you could have taken that personal finance class.  Ha

7 hours ago, Landlord said:

I  mean we've seen the video of the cops lounging/hanging out  during the most violent looting in Chicago.

We saw an entire precinct of cops leave their building in Minneapolis to let rioters burn it down. I've seen multiple tweets  and articles from MLPS business owners saying they watched people looting stores for hours and they called 911 only to be told it's already being taken care of or there's nothing they can do.

Again...hundreds have been arrested.  

2 hours ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

I would like to personally invite Seattle's new overlords to come and try and pull that s#!t in any rural(ish) Midwestern/Southern midsize city/town.

Would. Be. A. Blast! :lol:

Cool story bro.

• Plus1 4

10 hours ago, Landlord said:

I  mean we've seen the video of the cops lounging/hanging out  during the most violent looting in Chicago.

We saw an entire precinct of cops leave their building in Minneapolis to let rioters burn it down. I've seen multiple tweets  and articles from MLPS business owners saying they watched people looting stores for hours and they called 911 only to be told it's already being taken care of or there's nothing they can do.

They left the building because of their own safety more than likely. Having cops trapped in a building when people are rioting and potentially violent isn't a good idea... Again, when mass unrest starts there isn't that much cops can do when they are out numbered.

• Fire 1
2 minutes ago, ZRod said:

They left the building because of their own safety more than likely. Having cops trapped in a building when people are rioting and potentially violent isn't a good idea... Again, when mass unrest starts there isn't that much cops can do when they are out numbered.

I feel like he is trying to say something without saying it.

2 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

So....many of you have been saying cops are overzealous robots kicking everybody's a$$...now you are implying they are all pu$$ies and hid from conflict...which is it

Shades of grey my dude. Shades of grey.

A cop with a cruiser and a gun isn't going to behave the same as a phalanx of cops in riot gear with riot control munitions.

• Plus1 1

22 hours ago, teachercd said:

Good lord...were you homeschooled?  

8 hours ago, The Dude said:

lol

I didn’t learn about anything Landlord mentioned except maybe a little about Jim Crow laws.

Did you 2 really learn about redlining and Columbus doing anything but good things?

40 minutes ago, Landlord said:

I've got dozens of friends ini the CHAZ and all report it as peaceful, communal, and awesome with everyone being provided for and a fun block party atmosphere.

It’s... not only about that. A small part if me thinks it’s neat, but we don’t really want to live in a society where a mob can take over an area of a city at random and then create a commune there, even if the commune is peaceful.

They’re going to have to come to some sort of agreement to leave or go through legal means to be allowed to make this permanent, but that would require everyone with property there to agree to it and it would promote this happening in other places. 

How would you like it if a bunch of MAGA people took over your neighborhood and did this but just didn’t hurt anyone? Instead of what’s going on with CHAZ they paint “MAGA” all over and create Trump murals and chant “lock her up.”

• Plus1 4
4 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

So....many of you have been saying cops are overzealous robots kicking everybody's a$$...now you are implying they are all pu$$ies and hid from conflict...which is it

Most bullies are cowards... so it makes sense.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1