The George Floyd/Black Lives Matter protests and police conduct

On 4/9/2021 at 6:59 AM, Frott Scost said:

Any decent, empathetic, criticially thinking person knows for a fact that was murder. Every witness knew it was murder and was yelling at the cops to get off. Its on video for the world to see. Im too lazy right now to look to see if any polls were taken, but if we did now, 90%+ would say its murder. And the 10% that dont would 100% be republican. The jury will find him guilty because its right there for them to see with their own eyes. How do we have people on this board that are so far gone that this is up for debate? What has happened to this country to get us to this point?

Racism, a fetish for police officers, or both. 

:facepalm:     Minneapolis  - again

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9460619/Police-fire-tear-gas-protesters-officer-fatally-shoots-man-near-Minneapolis.html

• Daunte Wright, 20, was shot by a Brooklyn Center police officer on Sunday during a routine traffic stop
    • Police have not specified whether or not Wright was armed at the time of his death 
    • Officers pulled over Wright for a traffic violation and determined that he had an outstanding warrant
    • Brooklyn Center Police officers then tried to arrest him but Wright 're-entered the vehicle' 
    • One officer discharged their firearm, striking Wright while the vehicle continued to travel for several blocks before crashing into another car - Wright died while still inside the vehicle  
    • Wright's mother Katie claimed her son had called her while being pulled over to get insurance information because the vehicle had just been given to him
    • Wright's mother said her son told her he had pulled over for having an air freshener hanging from rear view mirror, which is illegal in Minnesota
    • Around 500 protestors took to the streets on Sunday night as they clashed with police outside the precinct
    • Police deployed tear gas and flash-bang grenades to clear demonstrators who gathered outside the Brooklyn Center Police Department 
    • Incident occurred 10 miles from where a police officer is on trial and charged with murdering George Floyd last year

• Thanks 1
45 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Not that it matters, but I'm curious what his warrant was for.  We know that it going to be a point people make in trying to defend the police in this.

The PD stated they believed body cams and dash cams were on.  I guess we shall see...

On 4/10/2021 at 4:08 PM, Archy1221 said:

Hope this man wins some well deserved settlement money and the cops are punished in this case. Seems like the army lieutenant did everything correct and still got harassed.  

https://www.vice.com/amp/en/article/y3dm3m/cops-caught-on-video-holding-a-black-army-lieutenant-at-gunpoint-then-pepper-spraying-him?__twitter_impression=true

I saw other reports that he was hiding a loaded weapon next to his leg...?

3 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

Not sure. The thread I saw indicated he should not have had it since it was private vehicle, but not sure

In my opinion, he could have had a bazooka and 20 pounds of heroin next to him.

There is zero reason police should approach a car like that in a routine traffic stop to check in-transits or expired plates.  From the dashcam footage I saw the sirens came on and he drove a couple of blocks to a well lit gas station.  There was no mention that he was trying to evade being pulled over.  

Those cops are d-bags and I hope they are taken off the street.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, DevoHusker said:

Not sure. The thread I saw indicated he should not have had it since it was private vehicle, but not sure

As an active-duty member of the military in good standing, he's authorized to concealed carry per the Law Enforcement Officers Safety Act

• Fire 1