The George Floyd/Black Lives Matter protests and police conduct

1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

Untrue statement all around.  Doesn’t help the cause 

Yeah, I think the BLM movement is a joke as much as the next guy, but the blue lives thing was a direct response to BLM, and the alleged plight of blacks.... For the record, I think they're both ridiculous.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
11 hours ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Yeah, I think the BLM movement is a joke as much as the next guy, but the blue lives thing was a direct response to BLM, and the alleged plight of blacks.... For the record, I think they're both ridiculous.

It’s untrue that the cop was killed at the Capital riot.  He died of a stroke later on.  The tweeter makes people think that the rioters killed him.  

He also said the majority of Republicans didn’t want the death investigated.  I have seen no such poll or study that shows people associated with Republican Party did not want to find out then cause of death for the officer.  

That’s why I said the tweet was untrue all around 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 4
On 5/22/2021 at 9:43 PM, B.B. Hemingway said:

Black Lives Matter is simply a matter of perspective. I had consternation about it until I better understood that perspective.

The best analogy I've heard is related to Jesus/The Bible, and it goes along the lines of when Jesus said "Blessed are the poor," he didn't mean only the poor. If anybody had responded with "No, Jesus, Blessed are all people" then it would've been obvious that that person missed the point entirely. And it's the same thing with BLM. It has nothing to do with hierarchy or taking meaning away from any group of people.

That's what makes "Blue Lives Matter" and "All Lives Matter" ridiculous and not the same as Black Live Matters, IMO. The former two are reactionary defensive mechanisms that birthed out of misunderstanding and, to some degree, a lack of empathy and compassion.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
9 hours ago, Enhance said:

Black Lives Matter is a simply a matter of perspective. I had consternation about it until I better understood that perspective.

The best analogy I've heard is related to Jesus/The Bible, and it goes along the lines of when Jesus said "Blessed are the poor," he didn't mean only the poor. If anybody had responded with "No, Jesus, Blessed are all people" then it would've been obvious that that person missed the point entirely. And it's the same thing with BLM. It has nothing to do with hierarchy or taking meaning away from any group of people.

That's what makes "Blue Lives Matter" and "All Lives Matter" ridiculous and not the same Black Live Matters, IMO. The former two are reactionary defensive mechanisms that birthed out of misunderstanding and, to some degree, a lack of empathy and compassion.

Agree with your view with regards to the original/initial intent of the movement. It was co-opted to take on a different meaning...in my view.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

On 5/23/2021 at 8:37 PM, DevoHusker said:

Agree with your view with regards to the original/initial intent of the movement. It was co-opted to take on a different meaning...in my view.

It was, and BLM has a true different meaning.  But, the slogan is beautiful and powerful.  

Some people know the history of what Black Lives Matter stands for. And the educated and super intelligent people have known the history of the Black Lives Matter Movement (BLM) for several years.  (Or, some of us folk who are around the community).  

But for the sake of the few who don't know the roots, the purpose, the stance, the agenda, the beliefs, the movement of Black Lives Matter... Here's a little info about it, to become more educated on BLM.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
7 hours ago, admo said:

It was, and BLM has a true different meaning.  But, the slogan is beautiful and powerful.  

Some people know the history of what Black Lives Matter stands for. And the educated and super intelligent people have known the history of the Black Lives Matter Movement (BLM) for several years.  (Or, some of us folk who are around the community).  

But for the sake of the few who don't know the roots, the purpose, the stance, the agenda, the beliefs, the movement of Black Lives Matter... Here's a little info about it, to become more educated on BLM.

Your source is sus.

To prevent confusion, this channel is centered around traditional conservative relationships and mindset. Videos uploaded to this channel will be dedicated to emotional healing, self empowerment and guides to attract right leaning men and women for marriage. If this is not your cup of tea, please do not subscribe to my channel. Thanks.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

I just sat through a very interesting conversation.

I'm in North Carolina in a town about 40 minutes away from Elizebeth City.  I'm sitting in a room waiting for a meeting to start with three black guys.  We all know each other well enough that they feel comfortable talking about anything around me.  I don't think they knew the guy, but it sounded like they may have known about him.

Well, they start talking about the police shooting in EC.  I just sat back and listened.  They were watching the video...etc.  They even knew more about the guy's back ground.  Anyway, the conclusion they came to was that it would have been good if the police would have just shot the tires out on the car.  BUT....at the same time, they felt the guy deserved to be shot.

Another part that was interesting was that they were saying typically the police in EC weren't all that bad.  BUT...the police in another neighboring town WERE bad.  One guy said that he's warned his son about going into that town.

To hear them talk about it was fascinating to me.  I care a lot about all three of these guys and wish they didn't even have to think about that stuff with their families.

• Plus1 3