The George Floyd/Black Lives Matter protests and police conduct

6 hours ago, BIGREDIOWAN said:

Here's something ALOT of people don't understand with officers being charged with crimes and why it sometimes takes longer. Many states have officer bills of rights that protect officers in cases of false claims or whatever. So it adds another layer to the charging process and has a tendency to slow things down. That doesn't mean the officer won't be charged for a crime eventually, but it just adds something else for prosecutors to work through. As far as the level of charge in this case, I don't agree with that, but I just read something SHOCKING! 

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/george-floyd-is-one-of-44-people-that-minneapolis-police-rendered-unconscious-with-neck-restraints-in-the-last-five-years-2020-06-01?siteid=yhoof2&yptr=yahoo

This could make things complicated....

Another thing a lot of people don't understand is the brutal power held by police unions, Fraternal Order of Police, federations, etc. 

For just one example, here is Minneapolis police union president Lt. Bob Kroll:

The politicians are to blame and you are the scapegoats...

I've worked with other police leaders from New York to Las Vegas to push our messaging on a national level. What is not being told is the violent criminal history of George Floyd. The media will not air this. I've worked with our four defense attorneys that are representing each of our four terminated individuals under criminal investigation, in addition with our labor attorneys to fight for their jobs. They were terminated without due process.

In closing I want you to know that your board is working hard on your behalf...

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT PEOPLE ARE PROTESTING: lack of accountability, protecting their own instead of the public, etc.

• Plus1 2

4 hours ago, RedDenver said:

Perhaps I'm crazy, but...

I've seen this photo a couple of times now today and I don't think it's showing what it purports to be showing. The depth of field of the person with the child and the officer holding the gun seem quite different to the point that I think the officer is pointing that gun several feet to the left of that protestor.

Anybody else see/think that?

• Plus1 3
1 minute ago, Enhance said:

I've seen this phone a couple of times now today and I don't think it's showing what it purports to be showing. The depth of field of the person with the child and the officer holding the gun seem quite different to the point that I think the officer is pointing that gun several feet to the left of that protestor.

That's very possible.  It's pretty clear the officer standing beside the one holding the gun is not looking at the man holding the child....and, they are both looking at the same thing.

19 minutes ago, Enhance said:

No intimate knowledge of the evidence (or criminal law in general) and a would-be congresswoman called it a "cold-blooded murder?" How can anyone take that seriously?

Ya. First thing I did when I heard about it was I watched the first video that got released and in that video it wasn't clear enough to see what had happened, so even as a random person I didn't jump to that conclusion. If I was running for office I would definitely wait with this s#!t.

5 minutes ago, Enhance said:

I've seen this phone a couple of times now today and I don't think it's showing what it purports to be showing. The depth of field of the person with the child and the officer holding the gun seem quite different to the point that I think the officer is pointing that gun several feet to the left of that protestor.

It doesn't look like he's pointing it at them, so it's just the juxtaposition.

• Plus1 2
11 minutes ago, Enhance said:

That was my first impression upon seeing that photo as well. Depth of field is way off in that photo. I don't think that gun is aimed anywhere near that kid.

• Plus1 3